Chap. 1

I stand in the middle of the hallway, being bombarded with screams and insults from numerous people. People stand around us, making this completely humiliating for me.

I can tell that some people are feeling bad for me. So why aren't they doing anything? I try to tune them out, and let time go by. I mean, they can't do this for long, right? It's our lunch hour and they'll hopefully get hungry soon. I hope and pray for a teacher to show up and end all of this but of course, no one does.

There are three boys. Justin, Austin, and Shawn. Beside them are three girls. Alex, Stacy, and Lexi. Lexi steps close to me, inches from my face, whispering rude things to me.

Bitch, slut, whore, ugly.

I really don't understand any of those insults. I don't really socialize with anyone, so I don't understand why I'm a bitch. I've never hooked up with any boy. Also, slut and whore are basically the same thing.

Well, I guess I could understand the ugly insult though. I'm not necessarily your pretty everyday model like highschool girl.

I scan the bystanders around us. Some laugh and others stand there, worry looks on their faces.

Please anyone, help me. Stop this torture.

"Guys please." I say weakly, but Lexi stomps forward, causing me to tumble backwards.

I trip over my feet, and land on my rear. Lexi and the others circle around me picking up things that I dropped. Lexi picks up my blue English notebook, opening it to a random page.

"I wish the pain would stop. But they just won't leave me alone." Lexi reads from my notebook, in a mocking tone.

I quickly stand to take it but she faces the other way, making it hard for me to grab it.

"Why do they always pick on me? What have I done to deserve this? I just-"

She's interrupted by one of the guys walking to her side. I believe it's Shawn, but I sometimes get them mixed up. I can't get what he's saying but it seems like he hasn't really been enjoying this. Which I find quite odd. Why on earth would he be standing next to the people that torture me everyday if he doesn't enjoy it?

"Awe come on Shawn. You wanna end it now? But we just snatched her notebook, dude!" Lexi whines.

"Sorry, I can't help that I'm hungry. I might die of I don't get food in the next two minutes." he says. "And there's always tomorrow." he smirks at me, evily and stupidly.

"Fine, let's go." Austin says, but giving me a death glare while saying it.

Lexi drops my notebook without saying anything and walks towards the cafeteria with the rest of her friends.

The remaining of the bystanders walk away, some smiling and laughing while others give me a concerned look. I fall to my knees and gather the things that I dropped and shoved them in my locker.

I ignore all the whispers and glares as I stand at the end of the lunch line. My sweater is too big for me and my hands are hidden inside my sleeves, which I actually find very comfortable. My arms are crossed in front of my chest and I just know there are bags underneath my eyes. I haven't really been sleeping lately. No one says anything to me as I search the cafeteria for somewhere sit. Some people called me names as I walked past their tables but I try my best to ignore them. Maybe a teacher will give me a hallpass so I can eat in the library.

"But didn't I give you one yesterday?" the teacher asks me.

"Yeah but I-I really need to study. I'm falling behind in math and I really can't fail." I lie. Well, it's actually half true. I am really falling behind in math. But I also just want to be alone. She gives me a pass and I gradually make my way towards the library.