Chap. 2

I've been laying on the bathroom floor for over an hour crying. Just crying. I spent ten minutes cutting my wrists to the piont that I cry and wince at the pain. My feelings are tangled up in a giant knot burning a giant hole in my heart.

I'm drenched in tears as I finally stand up from the cold tile floor. I drag myself to my bedroom and collapse onto my bed, pulling the sheets over my cold body. It takes a while for me to fall asleep, only because I think too hard. I can just imagine what they're going to do to me at school this time. It's what I always think about before I go to bed. Maybe this time they'll throw a punch and knock me out. They've never actually physically hit me before though. The only time they ever touch me is when they're pushing me over or tripping me.

Since I'm not going to fall asleep anytime soon, I decide to open up my laptop to see what's gong on on social media. I open my Facebook to see that I have thirteen messages from some of my facebook friends. I open them and almost burst into tears. They're messages from Lexi, Stacy, and Alex. I've blocked their actual accounts, but they have made fake ones just to destroy me. And of course, I block those accounts too, but they always make more. Their messages say such awful things I actually break apart and start to cry hysterically. In a matter of minutes, Brandon comes stumbling into my room. I close my laptop quickly before he opens the door and comes to my side.

"Tegan, are you okay?" he asks.

"I'm fine." I say. "Just a bad dream. I'm okay, really."

"Bad dream? You wanna talk about it?"

"No, I've been having these dreams for a while so I...sorta know how to handle it." I say, taking deep breathes to make it seem like I know what I'm doing.

"Well, alright. If you need anything I'm right next door, okay?"

"Okay, thanks Brandon."

"You're welcome."

He exits the room, closing the door behind him and I pull my laptop out again, reading the messages over and over again.

You are an ugly ass skank that needs to just die.

Why don't you just disappear. No one would care, anyway.

You don't deserve to be called a human. You're so ugly.

Tears continue to drip down my face as I continue to read the awful messages they've been sending me. What kind of awful human beings are these people? I slam my laptop shut and bury my face in my pillow, letting the tears flow from my eyes and soon falling asleep.

The morning is slow for me, just like every other morning. I haven't seen Lexi or her friends today, which is a really good thing. Austin is in my third hour class and he didn't show up so they must be ditching school today.

The only odd thing is that Shawn isn't with them. I guess that, out of all of them, Shawn is the nicest. Although he isn't nice at all, he doesn't really insult me as much. He kind of just...stands there and watches with an evil smirk on his face. Almost as if he doesn't want to be there. But that's not the case considering he never does anything about it.

Once lunch time comes, I decide to claim my own table in the back of the cafeteria. The tables are long and spread across the room horizontally, with a single aisle going down the middle. On the other end of my table sits some girls that don't really say much. They force me a small smile once I sit down but don't come near me. I wasn't expecting them to though. The only reason why anyone would know who I am is because of Lexi and her friends.

I pick up my fork and stab at my food, not feeling hungry whatsoever. I've been feeling really cold today which is weird considering I wear an oversized sweater to school everyday. I'm really drowsy, which might just be because of the lack of sleep.

Looking down at my food, I notice someone sitting down next to me, which I'm surprised by. But when I look up to see who it is, I almost throw my food tray.

It's Shawn.

He must want to torture me. Humiliate me. And before I know it, I'm running out the cafeteria doors and into the nurses office.

I ended up staying in the nurses office for the rest of the lunch hour. I told the nurse that I had a stomach ache so she let me lie down for a while.

I see Shawn again as I step into my last hour, but I ignored him and, thankfully, he ignored me. I sit down in my assigned seat, next to someone named Jules and she smiles at me. I force a smile back, but then look down at my sleeves.

I peek inside my sleeves and find the scars from last night. Memories from what happened with Lexi flash in my mind and I quickly push the memories away, pulling my sleeves back over my arm.

I hear high heels click against the tile floor and see the teacher walk into the classroom with sheets of paper.

"Alright, class, from this day foward, the only thing we will be working on in this class is a new project. The project is going to be about the American history. You and your assigned partner can pick any topic about American history and you'll write an essay about it. I'll put your partners up on the board."

She puts our assigned partners on the screen and I search for my name on the list. Once I see who my partner is, I almost want to cry.

Shawn is my partner. Out of all the people in this classroom, it has to be Shawn. Just my luck.

I look over at him and he's already looking at me, smirking stupidly. Sometimes I'm really confused about him.

Sometimes he hates me, sometimes he doesn't care for me. Right now, he hates me but yesterday, he was the only reason why I got to eat lunch.

He makes his way over to my desk as I gather my stuff to make room for his. When he gets to my desk, he slams his binder down on my desk and sits down in the chair next to me, leaning back like a total douche. He chews his gum and occasionally pops bubbles with it. I'm about to ask him what he wanted at lunch today but I immediately decide against it. I really don't want him to yell at me. We sit in silence for a couple minutes until he finally decides to say something.

"So..." he says, staring off into space. "What do you wanna do the project on?"

"Whatever you want to do is fine with me." I say, staring at my palms.

"World War 3? I don't know."

Does he even pay attention in this class? Moron. "Uh, there is no World War 3..how bout the Civil War?" I say, just above a whisper.

"Sure whatever. What's there to known about the Civil War?"

"Um well, somethings I know from the top of my head is that more than three million people fought in the war. And about two percent of the population died in it-"

"You don't have to tell me. Write it down."

"Oh okay."

The rest of the period consists of me researching the Civil War while Shawn sits their, copying my exact words from my paper. What help is that gonna be if we both have the exact same notes? I guess I'll be doing this whole project by myself.

After school, I walk to my locker to gather my things. I put my binders in my back pack then walk out to my bus. Once again, I sit in the back by myself.

Once I get home, my mother greets me by the door, squeezing me in a warm hug. I greet Aaron and Brandon, who are sitting at the kitchen table, Brandon helping Aaron with his homework.

I walk upstairs to my room and lay down on my bed, my arms and legs spread apart wide.

I guess you could say that today was much better than any of the other days. Lexi and her friends were gone, so that gave me some sort of freedom.

The one thing that I wasn't happy about today was the fact that Shawn is my partner for the project. He did absolutely nothing to help my with the project today. He sat there and copied all the notes that I put down, as if that was going to help. At least he doesn't humiliate me as much as the others.