Chap. 10

My parents finally realized that I have a serious problem. My last few days consisted of me sitting on an uncomfortable couch telling a stranger about my messed up life. They say that these sessions are supposed to help me, and make me realize the better things in life. But not for me. I know my parents are just trying to help me, but I don't want their help. I just want to live my own independent life as it is. My life may suck but I guess you could say that I'm used to living like this.

I still haven't been at school, but I've decided to return tomorrow. I'll have to return one of these days, so it might as well be soon. I'm pretty much dreading everything about going back to school tomorrow. Lexi and her friends are going to be extra mad at me, considering I was the one who got them suspended.

The sound of my alarm clock blares through my quiet room and I soon drag my cold tired body around to turn it off. I slowly step off my bed and open the closet, searching for something to wear. I decide to go with a pair of jeans with a sweatshirt that has my brother's college written on it in bold letters. The weather is actually starting to get chili so now I actually have a reson to wear big, baggy sweaters all the time, though a lot of people already know what lies underneath the long sleeves.

Downstairs, my mother and Aaron sit at the table, eating breakfast together. Pancakes, eggs and bacon sit on the kitchen table and I help myself to one pancake and just a bit of eggs. I look at the clock and realize that my bus will be here soon and decide to make my way to the bus stop. My mother says goodbye to me as I'm walking out the door and I quietly mutter it back, shutting the front door behind me.

The inside of the bus smells of sweat and gasoline and the smell starts to soon iratate my nose. I try to ignore the stares I recieve as I make my way to an empty seat, pulling out my headphones as I sit down.

I pull my headphones once I see that the bus is pulling into the school and prepare myself for whatever my future holds for me. My shaky legs eventually start to move and I find myself walking throught the crowded hall to find my locker. Just as I thought, I've been getting multiple stares from almost everyone that I walk by in the hallway. But, surprisingly, I make it to my locker without running into anyone that wants to rip my head off.

The day goes by like any other day. Nobody has talked to me today, which I am okay with. I don't really like to talk to people. But I don't ever talk to anyone anyway. I walk into my seventh hour class, and quietly sit down in an open desk, pulling out any work that I have from this unit. I know that I'm far behind, but I might as well have everything that I have sitting on my desk. Someone sits down in the empty seat next to me, and I can't help but look up and meet Shawn's gaze. His eyes are boring into mine and he has a look of worry and confusion on his face.

"How are you?" he asks me, in almost a whisper voice.

I don't expect to hear that coming from Shawn. But considering he texted me asking if I was okay, I wasn't really surprised to hear that. I tried to find words to say, but everything around me seemed to be frozen. Shawn's bold, brown eyes still stare into mine and I feel my heart rate quickly accelerate with every second that we stare at each other in silence.

"Because I was just-"

"No, uh- yeah I'm okay," I finally say, "Are you okay?"

"Oh, I'm fine. I was just. . . worried about you."

"Oh. . .really?"

"Yeah, I mean, what my friends did to you was wrong."

"Yeah."

There was a long awkward silence between us. Shawn nervously rubs his hands together as he stares down at my sleeves. I feel too awkward to move, but my whole body gets hoy and my breathing accelerates quickly. But soon things turn around, and Shawn actually starts talking to me. And we have an actual conversation. It actually feels pretty good to talk to Shawn. He can be a much nicer person if you actually think about it.

After school, I find myself practically running to find my bus. Shawn came to class very late today. There was about ten minutes left in class by the time he showed up. I have a feeling that he ditched, though.

Before I can walk up the steps of the bus, I feel my arm being tugged in the other direction. I feel my heart drop amd I almost let out a ooud scream. My eyes meet Shawn's and they immediately widen. His breathing is fast and choppy as he stares at me.

"I'm sorry. . .I-I really need to talk to you."

a/n: okay so something weird happened to my chapter. like half my chapter just dissapeared. i dont know how or why but this was the best i could do. im really sorry that this chapter was so short. i wouldve taken more time on it but i really cant write the whole thing over again because i dont want to change too many things. but basically what happened was shawn and tegan got a tiny bit closer to each other in this chapter. and a bit of a cliff hanger at the end there.

also i want to thank you so much for 100 votes!!! all your postitive comments mean the world to me! so stay cool and follow my instagram @wowshawnx

and again, i am sooo sorry for all of this. ill be sure to make sure it doesnt happen again...so this authors note was like 343828 pages long so im gonna go now. by all!!!