Chap. 7

The sound of my alarm blaring in my ears makes me jolt awake in my sleep. It's still dark outside, with just a hint of the sun pearing over the horizon. I drag myself out of bed and force myself over to the bathroom. My eyes shift up to my face through the mirror as I admire all my flaws. Without thinking I finf myself back in my room, digging through to the bottom of my drawers as I feel around for a blade, quietly making my way back to the bathroom once I do.

I haven't done this in a while and I'm feeling the need to do it again. I roll my sleeves up to my elbows, revealing the old scars underneath. Tears start to form behind my eyes as the cold blade makes contact with my skin. The blade cuts deep into my wrist as I move it from one side to the other.

Quiet sobs escape my mouth as I fall to the bathroom tile. My head falls in between my knees and my crying gradually gets louder.

Once the last of my tears escape me, I slowly wrap my arm and pull my sleeves back down as I head to my room and pick out clothes for the day. I'm just finishing up my hair, about to brush my teeth, before realizing what time it is. The bus should be arriving just about now. There's no way I'm gonna be able to make it to the bust stop in time. I'll have to run to school today. I might be able to make it in time, considering the bus arrives about an hour early, if I run at a consistant speed.

I quickly grab my backpack and sprint down the stairs, jumping down the last four carefully. The streets aren't busy in the morning, so I guess it won't be as awkward running down the streets while dragging my heavy back pack behind me.

I'm panting like crazy as I sprint into the parking lot of the school about an hour and a half later. The lady in the front office gives me a short lecture about leaving the house early for school before I can go to my locker. I completely ignore but pretend to listen. I'm dreading walking into class because all eyes will be on me. I just know it. I quickly open the door to my class and walk to the back where my desk is.

"Pass?" my teacher asks me. I shake my head, looking down to the floor as I tighten my grip around my books still walking back to my desk. I feel all eyes on me as I quietly sit down at my desk.

I see her shake her head in disappointment as she updates the attendance on infinite campus. I start to feel embarrassed as I flip my textbook open to where all the other students are at.

The rest of the class goes by slowly as I try my best to not zone out and focus on something else. The bell rings just as she's finished explaining our homework and we all hurry out of the room, some people not even grabbing tonight's homework. To my surprise, I find Shawn standing in front of my locker, preventing me from opening it. Usually when I see him, I see everyone else to. But this time it's just him.

"Um hey..." I say, afraid of what the next few minutes hold for me.

"Hey, I uh- I needed to find you because I'm leaving early and won't be able to tell you in history but we should probably do the project tomorrow at my house. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Is that cool?" he explains.

"Yeah, sounds good to me." I say and force a smile.

"Okay, you should probably give me your number so I can text you my address."

"Yeah, okay."

We exchange numbers before he disappears into the crowded hallway and I get my needed materials for my next class from my locker.

Before I can turn around I feel someone close to my back and I'm soon pushed back into the wall. I wince in pain but remain facing that direction. I don't want to turn around and see their faces staring into mine. My eyes tightly shut as I brace myself for the next hit but I feel nothing. I turn to them and see a smirk on ever one of their faces. I hear them talking but pay no attention to them. I'm too busy steaming up with anger inside of me. I narrow my eyes at Lexi and before I know it I've yelled back at Lexi.