Swing and Miss (Logan & Roman)

This was an idea from destroyinglives which was too good to pass up. This oneshot takes place in the Pulsate AU. You don't have to read it to understand, but it might possibly shine a light on Logan's past. Hope you enjoy!

Edit: When Wattpad deleted three days worth of work and you were almost done. *Distant scream*

TW: self depreciation, implied abuse.

"Mother, I do not wish to go! Could we please stay instead? You know of my dislike for theatre," Logan shouted up the stairs to his mother. She was most likely rummaging for the perfect pair of shoes through her closet or something, but Logan personally couldn't care less.

"No, we are leaving. I need you to be doing something other than hunching over your desk all day. It's unhealthy." Logan's mom walked down the stairs and grabbed her keys. Her long, brown hair flowing behind her as she opened the front door and walked to her car, paying no mind to what Logan had to say.

"I would do anything else. Even... Even sports," Logan said, cringing at the fact that he recommended that.

Logan's mother sighed in response and said, "You know that can't happen, Logan. Your doctor said no strenuous activities because of your flat feet. I'm still surprised you have the balance that you do. Now, get in the car. We are going to that audition whether you like it or not."

Logan sighed in defeat and gave up. He trudged over to the car, wishing for anything else but this punishment.

"Head up, back straight, eyes forward and tie fixed. Your posture is the key to your success. Now, let's go, you better do your best," Her eyes narrowed as she said, "I'll get your dad to punish you if you don't."

~~~~~

"Roman Prince, please come to the stage. Recite lines 534-556 for the part as Jack," the main judge said, sounding bored out of his mind.

Okay Roman. You got this. Come on. Roman took a deep breath and recited his lines perfectly, displaying a perfect balance of passion and emotions. The judges suddenly weren't bored anymore, scribbling down notes on his audition for later. Once Roman was done, he looked to the small crowd of auditioners, who were all mainly impressed.

"Thank you, Mr. Prince. You may exit the stage now."

Roman confidently walked down the steps and to his seat, earning a few high-fives from some of his theatre buddies as the judge called out the last person auditioning.

"Logan Sanders, please come to the stage. Recite lines 527-549 for the part as Ty."

Logan glanced at his mother, who was giving him a Stern stare as he went to the stage. As he walked to the stage, he flipped to the pages in his book, not looking where he was going. He bumped into someone, almost falling when they caught him. He was twirled around and caught in their arms  as the pages in Logan's book fluttered.

Logan saw who it was. It was Roman Prince, the school's most popular prep and theatre nerd. He was wearing his signature red vest that had a crown logo sowed onto it.

"No need for thanks, just go up there and blow me away," Roman said, sending a small smirk to Logan. Logan gave a small chuckle in return and climbed up on stage, clearing his throat before starting his lines. Even though his voice didn't sway in emotions as much as Roman's did, it clearly showed the anger and sadness that was happening in the scene.

"Thank you, Mr. Sanders. Everyone, please check the list tommorow morning at the door. Thank you for auditioning." The judges grabbed their papers and huddled around the table, quietly discussing who would be cut and who would play what part as the students left the building.