Chapter 2

"Maaaaa I'm not hungry stop trying to feed me every time I come over here." Becca said pushing away her mom's hand.

Rebecca decided to stop by her mom's house after job searching around town.

"Okay, okay I just don't believe you cook at all. You need some meat on those bones!"

"I eat enough mama. I am healthy not starving okay?" She said whining.

"Ok sweetie,"

Her mom continued making a BLT sandwich. Being the thoughtful by leaving half of it in front of Becca.  "So sweetie,  you've been out of school for a few months, the tuition grace period is ending soon."

"Yes, I know," she put her head on the table. "I thought it would be easier finding a job in my field, but I'm not finding anything.  I keep getting that I don't have enough experience."

She shook her head picking the piece of bacon sticking out the sandwich, "That's the whole point of me trying to get this entry level job."

"I know baby. Its hard out here for you new graduates." Her mom said sitting next to her. "What have you been applying to?"

Rebecca couldn't resist anymore, she picked up the sandwich, "Mainly marketing positions downtown.  I'm thinking about just getting a temporary job until I figure out what I really want to do."

"Well, I was at the floral shop the other day and Ms. Alsina; the owner, was telling me how her son is looking for a full time babysitter and --" Becca cut her off.

"NOOO WAY! I can't stannnddd babies you know that mom. We do not get alone!" Becca rolled her eyes.

"Oh Rebecca! Beggars can't be choosers. Plus, her son's child is...I think she's four or five years old." Mrs. Newman said putting the knife she was using in the dishwasher.

Becca threw her hands up, "Oh my AND it's a little girl. They are the worst! They think they are grown and --"

"Um sweetie, I raised you, remember?" she laughed

"What are you trying to say ma? I was a wonderful little lady," Becca said flipping her curls.

"If that's what you want to believe baby then go for it," her mom laughed.

"UGH whatever Mom," Becca laughed.

"Well, I will leave her number for you. If you are interested, call her today because there is an interview process."

"Ill think about it," she said taking the last bite of her sandwich. Her mom laughed to herself.

______________

-Lys💜

Edited 8/2019