Chapter 7.

Becca came home to Trey in the kitchen making dinner. It smelled as if he was going to burn the house down had she not come when she did.

"Baby, what in the world are you doing in the kitchen?" she asked, coming into the kitchen, wrapping her arms around Trey, kissing his neck.

"I was watching that damn 30-minute meal show you always watching on the Food Network.  One chick made something that seemed so easy to make so here I am, making my own masterpiece. You want to taste it?" Trey said, enthusiastically.

"Uh, not right now baby. I'm going to take a quick shower." She said backing out of the kitchen. "Just for attempting to cook though, you get an A for Awesome!"

Becca laughed walking fast to the bedroom.

As Becca washed in the shower, she started thinking about how she was looking forward to her first day on the job and how Kimberly has changed her mind on children a little by just being around her for the day.

She spoke with her mom and sister on her way home from the park about the job and they were really happy for her. However when she told her sister about how Trey might not be happy with the job, her exact response was, "fuck that negro, he ain't shit!" This is her favorite saying for Trey.

London doesn't really care for him too much.

"Babe, dinner is ready," Trey yelled from the kitchen.

"Okay. Let me just finish putting on something comfortable," she replied slipping into a t-shirt.

Rebecca walked out to Trey setting up the dining room.

"It smells good in here baby," she said giving him a little confidence boost as she sat across from him.

He made chicken parmesan and garlic bread. His garlic bread had a little extra crispiness to it and she wasn't sure if his super thick pieces of chicken breast were all the way cooked. She silently prayed they were.

As she cut piece and realized it wasn't under cooked at all...nope it was overcooked.

Trey saw her expression, "Super dry isn't it."

"Nooo boo. It's really good," she lied, taking a bite. "Mmmm, it is so tasty.

They laughed because they both knew the truth.

"Whatever," he laughed throwing a piece of spaghetti at her. "How was your day?"

"Oh! It was good. I got a job," she blurted out.

She didn't want to prolong the conversation.

"Really, you didn't even tell me you were interviewing for anything," he said surprised.

"It was a spur of the moment thing, but ummm it's a full time babysitting gig." she said. "I will be taking care of this guy's daughter," she said with out looking up.

"Oh really," Tremaine said taking a sip of his drink looking at Becca. "Why can't he take care of his own kid?"

"He is a single father. His fiancé died giving birth. And he owns a business that requires him to travel most of the time," she said. "Plus his daughter is getting older; she needs a woman in her life to help her once she starts school."

Rebecca felt she quickly needed to plead her case to Trey.

"Oh so he's a single dad?" Trey said.

"Yes Tremaine. He is single, young and rich. Do you feel intimidated?"

Becca felt slightly irritated.

"Damn is that really all you heard from what I just said seriously?"

"I just don't get why he would need a babysitter. That's what those daycare places are for," he said shrugging his shoulders.

"This is why I did not want to tell you about this job," she said taking her plate to the sink then walking into the living room. She was low key relieved she had an excuse to stop eating that meal.

Trey got up to clear his dish too, "I don't have shit to be intimidated about. I'm sure he doesn't have a damn thing on me. Plus he has a kid! I doubt you would leave me for some nigga with a kid."

"Whatever Trey that's simple thinking. I really don't feel like arguing with you though. You are taking it all the way to the left. I simply got a job, be happy for me. Nobody said I wanted him. Stop being a drama king. It's going to be a great paying job." She said as she sat on the love seat.

Since we on the topic, as long as your no job having ass has a roof over YOUR head, and food is on THAT table," she said pointing to the dining room table "and bills are being paid ON TIME by me, you can't say a damn thing to me." She turned the TV up loud ending the conversation. She knew she took it too far, but she didn't care.

Trey was pissed. He walked out the living room and into the bedroom slamming the door. Rebecca knows saying something about him not working was a low blow. Trey didn't finish college or come from a privileged family like Rebecca. All he really knew was basketball. His senior year he received interest from recruiters who would help him get into the NBA after college.

Things took a turn during summer training camp. He messed up his knee and it screwed up his dream. He tried to go back to school, but depression got the best of him. He ended up becoming a college drop out. With no degree to fall back on and no plan B, it has been hard for him to get a job. At least the job he thinks he should have since he acts so selective.

It was getting closer to his high school friend Rebecca that helped him out of his depression. However, he has been leaning on her for most things. He has worked but some reason he can't keep a job. Although he won't admit it, he is comfortable leaning on Becca.

After about 30 minutes of cooling down, Becca cut off the TV. She went to the bedroom and Trey was sitting on a chair on the balcony. She walked out and stood in front of him just staring.

"Baby I'm sorry about bringing up the fact you're not working right now. I know it's been hard for you," she said while sitting on his lap rubbing his back.

"Rebecca, I haven't been sitting on my ass not looking for a job. I hate that you are supporting me. I'm supposed to be supporting you. This is not how I planned my life," he said rubbing his temples. "Yes, sometimes you catch me playing my games, but you know I'm mostly hitting the pavement looking for something."

"I know what you have been going through since school." She said rubbing his back. "Life will continue to throw us curve balls, but we have to keep moving forward. Making the best with what we are given in the moment."

"I'm just tired of this shit. I was just talking to my bro, he suggested I finish up my Engineering degree."

"I should have gone back a while ago, but I figured I would have something my now."

"I think finishing your degree would be beneficial. I have always told you that.

"We will talk more about it later. I have to get up early. I told my mom I would take her to the airport," she said getting off his lap.

"Okay I'll let you get your rest, but first..." he picked her up wrapping her legs around him while walking into their room, "...I need to put some work in you."

He threw her on the bed, laying in between her legs.

____________

-Lys💜

Edited 8/2019