Chapter 8.

Sunday afternoon, August decided to me up with his brother Chris and his wife China. They were planning a 21st birthday for their little sister Kelcei, also known as the family bookworm. Kelcei never liked to do anything but study and work.

Kelcei had been working as a swim coach at August's fitness center while she studying for her degree in Physical Therapy. So they want to plan something huge for her after school ended.

"I say we bar hop all day and rent out LIV for the night. She needs to let loose for her 21st," his brother Chris said while dancing in his chair.

"No Babe, she needs to go away somewhere like Vegas or Miami." China chimed in.

"I agree." August said. "Kelcei deserves something big. She needs to take her mind off of school and working for me for a little."

"Well, I'm cool with that. The hard part is going to convince the bookworm to go," Chris said laughing.

"Damn that's true. Maybe China or one of Kelcei's friends can talk to her," August said.

"I don't mind talking to her. I'll talk to her during my prenatal swim class," China said rubbing her belly.

"China you need to stay your butt home. My son is due in a few weeks and I would like have my child born around doctors in a hospital, rather than at my brother's gym."

"Last time I checked, I was carrying this baby." China said. "And my doctor said I can keep exercising right up to the due date. We have like two months left babe."

"Okay you got it lil mama. I just want to make sure my son is perfect," Chris said kissing China's stomach. Then they started kissing each other.

August became a little sad watching them. He thought about when he and his fiancé Sabrina were the same way.  He wished they were able to walk down the aisle and she was able to see her daughter grow up.

He shook those thoughts away.

"Enough of that lovey stuff. Can we get back to this birthday planning please? I would like to take Kimberly home eventually."

China and Chris laughed and refocused on the planning.

"Well, we don't have that long to set everything up so I'll start looking at flights and hotels." China said. "I'm not leaving that part up to you two. Knowing ya'll we'd be staying at a holiday inn or something. I'll make sure we have the Presidential suite in the Bellagio."

'You must have money that I don't know about China," Chris said laughed.

China smiled, "No, but I DO have your credit card numbers memorized."

August laughed at her, "Damn bro."

He and China kept laughing. Chris just gave them the look.

August stopped laughing, cleared his throat before getting back to business, "Don't worry bro we can go half on everything. I'll also work with a party planner to get a space rented out so we can have a huge birthday bash. I'll get her best friend Joy to take care of who all to invite. "

"That's sounds like a plan," Chris said getting up.

"Iight love birds, I'm headed out." August getting up too.

He called Kimberly down to leave. "I'll see you two later and China, please take it easy so my brother can stop stressing."

"I will try," China said giving August a hug and kissing Kimberly goodbye.

"Goodbye little baby," Kimberly said talking to China's belly.

They all laughed and August headed home

On the other side of the city, Rebecca was at her friend Vanessa's house tanning by the pool.

"So Becca tell me all about this new job you have. You know London called me," Vanessa said rubbing suntan lotion.

"Damn, that girl can't hold water!" Becca said untying her bathing suit top and lying on her stomach. "I just got the job yesterday."

Vanessa put on her shades, taking her bikini top off and laid on her stomach too. "Well you know I'm like the other sister to yall so she tells me everything too." She got right down to what she really wanted to know, "So is he a sexy daddy?"

"Oh geez, I didn't look at him like that, but yes he is pretty handsome," Becca said thinking about August's smile.

"Yeah, okay. I bet he is super fine. I'm going to have to do a surprise pop up to his house while you are there. So I can see for myself," Vanessa said laughing.

"Okay, maybe Thursday we can meet for lunch. I need to get a feel for being alone with a child." Becca said.

"How is his daughter anyway? Did she seem sweet or like one of those bad ass children from one of those nanny shows we used to watch," said Vanessa.

"She is a sweet little girl. I'm glad she is accepting me since I'm not her mother." Becca said wondering how she feels knowing her mother isn't going to be around to see her grow up.

"Well I think you will do a great job. You pick up things really fast. Plus, you can serve as some eye candy for the daddy." Vanessa said joking around.

"Oh hush girl. Nothing funny is going to happen. I have Trey and I'm the sitter to his child." Rebecca said.

"If you say so girl. All I know, if I was watching some fine man's kid, I wouldn't know how to keep my composure. Shit knowing my fine self, I probably would become the new mommy."

They laughed hysterically. After they got their even tans, Rebecca decided to leave before the sun went down. She had to get her ready for her first day of work.

____________

-Lys💜

Edited 8/2019