Chapter 4.

Saturday Morning

"Aug make sure Kimberly is dressed. I want her to be down here for these interviews too. Especially since she will be the one with them," Mama Sheila said while filling up a pitcher of ice water for the applicants.

August walked in the kitchen, "she is dressed. She just brushing her teeth.

"What time is the first person coming?"

Mama Alsina looked down at her list. She had about 30 names on it.

"The first person is scheduled for 9:30am, so they should be here in a couple minutes," she said, walking into the living room.

Just as she sat down the pitcher, the first person arrived.

August answered the door to see a lady standing there. She looked like she could be in her 80's. He already knew this woman was not going to cut it, but he wasn't going to be rude.

"Good Mornin', I'm August Alsina and this is my mom Sheila," he said, looking at his mother like, where the fuck you find this lady?

He turned back towards the woman and smiled, "Come in and sit down. I'll get you a glass of water.

He lightly grabbed Sheila's elbow and whispered , "Ma can you follow me to the kitchen , please?"

She followed him into the kitchen. "Mama! Who the hell is that?" he said speaking in a low voice, "Did you go to the nearest nursing home and find her?"

"Well, no. I put an ad on the counter in my store so my customers who were interested could see it and if they knew of anyone else who may be interested," she said, in a calm and innocent tone. "I may have also also put it on Facebook ads."

"Are you out yo mind Ma!? You were the main one talkin' bout you don't want rapists, crazies and whatever watching Kimberly." he said throwing his hands up.

"This is 'bout to be a fuckin interestin ass day," he mumbled to himself.

"Aye! Watch that mouth of yours," Sheila said.

"Sorry mama. I know you were tryin ta help, but dang!"

"Let's go get this ish started, I hope out those 30 people on your list, we can find one decent person," he said, walking out of the kitchen.

They went back to the living room and sat on the opposing sofa from the woman.

"So how are you today Ma'am? Did you find my home alright?"

"I am doing well and yes I did," she said.

"Great! So Bathilda..." August said looking at sheet.

She old and has a name like a Harry Potter character, he said in his head.

"Am I pronouncing your name correctly," August said looking down at the application.

She nodded her head.

"Well we just have a few questions," he said looking up. "Do you have any past experience with babysitting?"

"Yes. In my country I raised goats on my papas farm when I was little," she answer in her strong accent.

August's mom was trying very hard not to laugh at her answer. " Have you watched children?"

"Well, no not...really," she replied.

"Well do you have any kids?" August asked.

"Yes. I have 6 boys and 3 girls," Bathilda answered in a proud tone.

August thought in his head, Well if you have that many damn kids then you've technically watched kids, he shook his head.

"Well that is a wonderful accomplishment," August mom said sensing her son's thoughts.

They asked her a few more questions and then let her leave.

"Mama, I saw you laughin' at her a few times," he said stretching him long arms.

"You were laughing too," she laughed. "Her answers were too funny."

They went through about 20 more people. None satisfied them. Some characters stood out to them though. In particularly the disturbed teen who just got out jail, a Gothic lady who scared Kimberly so bad she went running upstairs and can't forget the bad ass, big booty stripper, but Sheila was not having that. Especially after she told August to come see her dance that night.

August looked like he was actually thinking about going. Sheila looked like she wanted to hit him upside his head.

"August, you better not go see that gal tonight and you damn sure bet not be having the thought of considering her to watch my grandchild" Sheila said.

"Well, I ain't ' gonna let her watch Kimberly, but I may have to check her out tonight. You know I love da strippers mama," he said in a joking tone.

"I am getting too old for this," his mom said, leaving the living room.

It was almost 2 in the afternoon and Kimberly went upstairs to take her nap. The next candidate would be arriving soon.

"Aug, I cant believe we haven't found someone I would want to watch my damn grand baby yet." she said in shock.

"This is what happens when you put ads online mama."

"I'm about to say forget it and I'll be the nanny.

"Oh hellll nah. We are going' see this thang through. This was your idea to post the job for everyone and their granny to see, so we are going to suffer through these last few people...together," he said putting his arm around his mom and pulling her close to him tightly.

Ding Dong

August laughed as he got up to answer the door.

As he opened the door and saw who was standing there, his smile turned into a huge grin.

______________

-Lys💜

Edited 8/2019