Eye of The Storm

--

The foyer is silent. You can hear your breathing in your ears; heart hammering and legs in a slight quiver. Abraham groans through his nose and you wonder what for. Who is this girl? Who's "we"?

Cronus sets down his guitar and flies off the staircase. Abraham is stiff, still grasping your waist for dear life. You feel the alcohol pulling away from your mind. You wish this was just some drunken mind game.

The girl in the doorway is thin, but far from frail. She's athletic looking, with her calves and thighs sculpted through her white tights. She has long blonde hair, and a face full of freckles. She sees only Cronus approaching her.

"What are you doing here?!" Cronus whispers angrily.

"I texted you earlier!" She harshly whispers in return. "I figured we could... stop by... Is that her...?" You shoot straight up in Abraham's arms, pulling yourself from him to check the food. What made you think of the food now?! Oh god.

Pacing. Pacing.

That's Feferi??

Your heart is racing now. She said "we" didn't she? You turn off the stove; you're touching counters that don't have anything on them. You're losing yourself.

Oh god.

Eridan races in from the den-side of the kitchen and he's latching on to you. "Sh-she's here, isn't she? Ww-wwhat am I gonna do? S-she can't find out I'm gay!" You're caressing his hair and patting his back. You can't say anything. Sollux perks from the den looking upset. He makes no move to join you. You swallow stiffly.

You aren't prepared for this. You always said you'd be there for the boys, but this?? You faintly hear Cronus arguing but then it comes to a stagnant halt when you hear heels clacking on the cement staircase. As if on cue, a brash, cold winter breeze kicks in and with it, the scent of fear.

"Darling! It's so good to see ya all dressed up for me. Mischa... You're looking a little rough. Are you eating right?" You swallow hard. There's no time between the end of her statement and Abraham's. He is loud and delegating.

"Look, Cindy, I'm not understandin' your visitin' me and my boys," Abraham strains. "But there's nothin' left for us here. Ye bet yer ass on it. And the fake one." There's a scoff. You can hear the scowl on her face. Eridan is still shuddering in your embrace. Cronus must be just as uncomfortable.

You have to do something! Yet you find yourself glued until...

"Baby, you fell in love with all of this realness. What was it that you said? 'A diamond in the rough shines the brightest?' It was so romantic! Don't you want to--"

You step in to the foyer, fists clenched snow white at your sides. You eye her fully.

She's tall, about as tall as Abraham. She has high, round cheek-bones and a perky, pixie nose. Her eyes are a brown fit to rival a chestnut itself. Her body is beyond curvy, and you understand Abraham's earlier insult.

She was godly. You would be the stick at the dog park no one wants. Not because of size or shape or color; but because they could smell your worthlessness in comparison.  Feferi looked a lot like Cindy with her blonde hair and pixie nose. Everything else on Cindy was obviously augmented. Cronus was backed off into the living room with Feferi. For once, he had nothing to say.

Come on, do something, ___! Just do something! Your jaw clenched when she chuckled and pointed to you.

"Oh, you have a maid still? So lucky to see you still living lavishly!" Abraham opens his mouth to say something but you dive in, stupid sounds coming from your mouth.