We Need To Talk

It's Saturday morning and the sun is shining on this summers day. You and Niall are walking through the park since it's such a nice day.

You two were laughing when you decided to sit down on the bench.

Just then, your phone got a text.

You looked down to your phone and opened the message. It read...

I'm going to hurt you Kylie. You've failed at getting me the money, now you'll have to pay for it.
Don't say I didn't warn you..

See you soon, very soon.
Chris xoxo

It went quiet for a moment. Niall had seen the text. He sighed.

You looked to Niall and could see him already staring back at you. His face was filled with a look of concern, worry and sadness.

"Niall, are you okay?" you asked.

"We need to talk." he spoke.

Those are the four words nobody wants to hear.
You felt a horrible feeling in your stomach. This doesn't sound good.

Your mind goes trough the past couple of weeks, months even. Have you done anything to upset him, is there something you need to know?

'What's wrong?' You ask, more as a whisper, as he runs his hands through his hair.
He looks at you with his deep blue eyes.
'Babe?' You ask, a bit more nervous than expected.
'It's not you..' He begins, taking your hands in his. You close your eyes.
'Stop' you say. 'Don't give me that. I deserve more than that' you look up again. Your eyes slowly watering as you realize where this conversation is going.
He clears his throat. 'You're right' he then says.
"You deserve more than me. Much more. All I've brought to your life is trouble from Chris. I hate myself because of it. You shouldn't be getting threatened like this and you definitely shouldn't be the one he's going to hurt. This is all my fault.
I can't let this happen anymore." he spoke softly but you knew he was hurting just as much as you right now.
'You and I both know this is for the best' he continues. Those beautiful blue eyes never leaving yours.
'We can't go on like this, pretending like everything is okay when in reality we're not okay...this relationship it's..dangerous. It's only causing us pain'
He turns away. He stands up, his back facing you.
You take a deep breath as you stand up and walk over to him. You slowly wrap your arms around his waist and rest your head on his back. 'I know' you' whisper, gulping away the tears.
'I know..'
He then turns around kissing you passionately. You immediately close your eyes and lose yourself in the moment.
That moment right there felt like the the most important moment in your whole life.
The thought of this being your last moment with him, killed you inside.
This time you can't hold back your tears and let them just roll.
He slowly pulls back from the kiss, those soft lips leaving yours. But this time forever.

Why does it have to be like this?

His forehead touches yours while his fingers intertwine with yours.
'So I guess this it?' His voice broken.
You close your eyes and nod.
'I guess that means we're broken up'
You finish.
Both you and him stay quiet for a while when you give him a last little kiss on his cheek.
'Take care Niall'
He looks you straight in the eyes, it is then you see that not only you, but also he was broken.
'Goodbye princess'
You let go of his hands and walk away.
As soon as you reached the gate of the park you turn around to give him one last look before walking out and turning the corner so you were no longer in his sights.

Niall stood there, all alone.

"I love you" he whispered between tears although you would never hear.

He then realised that he had let go the most important person in his world.

His soulmate.