Time To Say Goodbye

--Niall's P.O.V--

It's been 5 weeks.

Kylie's been in a coma for 5 weeks.

I've been at the hospital with her every day. Waiting for her to wake up. I really want her to.

But I don't think she will.

The doctors don't think she will.

Her breathing is not much better. The doctors think it's time to turn the machines off and say goodbye.

I can't.

I can't let her go.

They wanted to turn them off yesterday but I managed to persuade them to give her one more day.

Her parents, sister and family have all been visiting. It's hard for them too.

Her parents agree with the doctors that it's time.

They've said they're goodbyes earlier today.

I don't know how they did it.

I don't know how they can just let go.

Now it's my turn.

I've been sitting here with her for 20 minutes, the room full of silence the whole time. I don't know how to say goodbye. I don't want to. It can't be time to say goodbye. We had such an amazing future ahead of us, I know we did.

Well, at least she'll be safe if she's up in heaven. She'll never get hurt again.

The doctor enters the room, standing by the door.

"We know this is a difficult time for you Mr Horan but we need to turn the machines off now."

"No! I-I can't. C-can I please have some more time?" The doctor sighs.

"Mr Horan we-" he begins before I cut him off.

"Please just give me some more time! Do you know how hard this is?!" I say.

"Ten more minutes" he sighs, before leaving the room.

I stare down at her. Her skin is so pale, so cold. She looks so fragile and small. Though even like this she still looks like an angel. What I wouldn't give to see those beautiful brown eyes light up with excitement and hope one last time. I miss her smile. It's so pretty. I wish I could see it again.

I move a strand of her long brown hair out of her face and leave my hand beside her cheek.

She just lays there, her chest barely moving up and down.

"They asked me to take you off the machines. They said it would be easier, a lot less painful. Though, how on God's earth is letting you go less painful than anything I've ever had to do in my whole entire life?' I said, tears in my eyes. The pain has gotten the best of me.

"I don't want to let you go Princess. I don't want to do this without you. So if you can feel me, squeeze my hand, please, if I ever meant anything to you, don't make me let you go. Squeeze my hand, Kylie, please..." I desperately urged, my lips so close to her ears, to make sure she could hear me.

"Squeeze my hand." I pleaded once more, but the room was full of silence. Utter silence.

"You're not going to wake up, are you?" I whispered, only to her, tears sliding down my face, falling onto hers. My hand held tightly onto her's.

"Okay. Alright love. I'm letting go, but you better wait for me up there. You better not run off with some dead irish male model or something that reminds you of me. Haha. Wait for me Princess" I whispered, planting a tender kiss on her soft, cold, cheek.