Lunch With Lena

Last night was bad. I couldn't sleep, so Alex put me under anesthetic to ensure I slept, before heading to her own room next door here at the DEO. I woke up just now, stretching. I felt so much better. I was able to stand and make my way to the attached bathroom where I tookma warm shower, sitting on the stool provided. I brushed my teeth and did my makeup, just lightly applying concealer to cover pimples, curling lashes and mascara; also a pink lip stain and brushing powder over my face to mask oil. Wrapped in my towel, I went back to the room and opened the drawers of my dresser, where I set out fresh underwear and a bra. I pulled out my favorite white dress which I paired with a pale pink cardigan. I slipped on my glasses and pulled my hair into a sleek ponytail. I glanced at the time in my phone, it was nine. I called Alex and asked her to come to my room, which she did. She walked in, very happy "Kara! Your standing up!" I nodded but sat back down on the bed. "The dizziness is gone." She looked a bit worried "So Kara, you are going to go meet Lena for lunch right?" I nodded and asked "Will you take me there? You can wait in the car." Suddenly, Her face broke into a goofy grin. "Kara, you are showing a little!" I groaned, the dress had bunched when I sat down and tightened right around my stomach, which was softly curved. In human pregnancy, I was about ten weeks in. "Kara, you will need an ultrasound now, just to make sure the baby is healthy." I nodded and she took me to the Med Bay. Real quick, the ultrasound was done and the news was good. Baby was healthy. I ate breakfast with Alex, and then flipped through the human pregnancy book given to me. I skipped the pages and went to 10 weeks. Apparently the baby was the size of a strawberry, and I would find the gender at twenty weeks. Just four for me. They listed the symptoms and I succumbed to one of them, fatigue. I was woken up by Alex, at ten thirty. Time to get going. I loosened my dress a little, to hide my bump, and grabbed my purse/phone. I got into Alex's car, whom sped so quickly, we reached with five minutes to spare. We chatted for a while and on eleven dot, Lena was waiting outside Noonan's. Her pale cheeks flushed with happiness when she saw me. "Kara! Nice to see you feeling better." I nodded trying to sound cheerful " Yup, I feel loads better." I lied. "Good, take care of yourself more next time." She said sympathetically. My back was kind of achey today. We went inside and sat down at a table. I scanned the menu, as did Lena.  A friendly waitress came to take our order, I got a veggie burger and, Lena got a kale salad."Ummm, Lena, can we go to my apartment after this. I need to show you a surprise." She smiled a goofy smile that deepened her green eyes. I ate my salad in small careful bites, to avoid nausea all over again. Lena ate her sandwich thoughtfully. "So you had something to tell me?" I asked. "I think you already know. Its CatCo. I'm your new boss!" She said, excited. "I know, it's exciting!" I replied. We finished eating around eleven thirty and after I texted Alex, we took Lena's car to my apartment, where I opened the door. It was the same as I left it. We sat on the couch and I spilled. "Lena, I'm Supergirl." She smiled "I already knew." Confused I stammered "Wait, What?" Lena explained "I've known since that alien finger thing I made you do months back. I knew you sabotaged it with laser vision, the wiring was fried." I had to tell her my bigger secret "and I'm pregnant." He eyes went wide. She hugged me and I began to cry again. Stupid hormones. Thank Rao my mascara was water proof. I had to break the other news "Lena, I can't come back to work till the baby will be here in three months." Lena looked shocked "Kara, you are six months in and telling me this now?" I shook my head. "No, I'm only pregnant for four months." Lena's jaw dropped "Four! That is it! We are going to go baby shopping as soon as you find out the gender, which I am guessing in a month!" I laughed. It was great to have friends like Lena. Someone knocked on the door and I opened it. It was Alex. She whispered "You are needed at the DEO. J'onn called" In perfect sync Lena glanced at her watch. "Hey Kara, it's twelve. I need to go back to LCorp for my meeting." She stood up and gave me a hug. "Nice seeing you. Once again, congratulations." I smiled and said thank you. Alex drove me back to the DEO where Winn was sitting at his desk. "Hey" I said. "Hey back at cha." he replied. "So we found this new alien. He is blue and says he's something intellect. He's not dangerous, just new." I laughed. Yup he wasn't dangerous, unless he was competing in academics against you. Then you'd be dead. "Winn, he's Coluan. Just a really smart guy." I said. He laughed, "smarter than me?" I looked at him dead serious "waaaaaayyyyyy smarter. Your dumb compared to him." He frowned, then chuckled, and turned back to the computer screen, eating Red Vines. I stood for a few seconds, waiting for him to say something, but he didn't, so I turned and walked away. I was steps from my room when I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I tried to stabilize my breathing but realized I was hyperventilating. I banged open the room door, and sat on the floor. I tried to calm myself, but started crying as visions of him flashed across my eyes. Alex threw open the door and found me on the floor, sobbing. "I killed him Alex. I killed Mon El. He's gone. We would have heard from him if he were alive. I killed him." She stood me up and had me sit on the bed. She poured me a glass of water, and gave it to my shaking hands. She wiped my tears and sighed. "Kara, I'm worried, you haven't had a panic attack like that since you were little." I wiped my snotty nose. "Just leave me alone." I shouted. I threw the empty glass on the floor where it shattered, breaking into little pieces. "Just leave me alone Alex!" She turned at walked out, I saw her glance sadly at me, but I was to distraught to care. I  killed him. I killed Mon El.