Half Way

I'm sorry for the time jump. Just wanted to get some Karamel moments in sooner.

Kara's P.O.V

My alarm clock went off and I groaned. Taking a deep breath, I pushed myself up, it was hard to do with my bump getting bigger. Heck, it was bigger than most bumps I had seen at twenty weeks. On an exciting note, my ultrasound to find out the gender of the babies was today. Pregnancy had sapped my super-strength and made my skin penetrable. I froze as my legs cramped painfully. I slowly stretched, it relieved the pain. I stroked the thin white marks on my wrists, those left behind by my stupid suicidal brain. I remembered, discovering knives could cut into my skin. The sadness, crushing down on me. I remembered taking a knife, from my apartment, secretly, and going to the bathroom after dinner. Cutting myself at the wrists, feeling the blood oozing. The pain, it gave me relief. I was shaken back to the present by Alex opening the door, flooding in sunlight. "Look who's a ray of sunshine this morning." I commented. She laughed. She was carrying a ridiculous number of water bottles. She made me chug them, till I was about to pee, and then had me go with her to the med bay. I lay on the bed, as she prepared materials and devices. "Warning, this gel is freezing." she said. I flinched as she spread it all over my belly. It was cold. She waved the wand over the screen. I turned to ask her what gender the baby was, but saw her frown. "Alex? What's wrong?" She turned and looked at me. "This news is not bad, but it may be hard on you. Your having twins. Twin girls to exact. Identical. They share a placenta, but separate amniotic sacs. That's lucky." I felt a mixture of sadness and happiness, but also confusion. "How were twins not detected as ten weeks?"I asked. "One of the babies was probably hidden." She wiped of the gel. I sat back up and realized something. I needed maternity wear badly. I was surviving on oversized shirts and hoodies, along with leggings. "Alex? Can we go maternity shopping? And get stuff for the babies? I need something to wear and plus, was waiting to find the gender. I'll call Lena as well" She nodded and I headed back to my room, where I put on a flowing blue shirt and black trousers. I slipped on flats, it hurt to bend over and fasten anything. I grabbed my purse and texted Lena

Kara: Hey Lena, are you free 2day?

Lena: Yes. It's a Saturday and I do enjoy my time off. :)

Kara: Can you come shopping with me and my sister? I cannot fit in any of my clothes.

Lena: Yup, also, did you find out the gender?

Kara: I'll tell you when we meet. Can we meet at National City Mall in an hour?

Lena: Sounds good.

Alex and I reached the mall two minutes late and surprise surprise. Lena was waiting. "Do you ever catch a break?" I asked. "always on time and I'm always late." Lena laughed. "Let's go inside. We headed to the first maternity store we saw. I found some stuf, but realized it wouldn't fit. Lena then asked me something she was probably dying to hear. "What is the gender?" I had to tell, her, she was my closest friend. "Umm, Lena, you may faint but I'm having twin girls!" Her eyes bugged out of her head and Alex and I laughed. She made me put down everything and head to another area of the store for bigger sizes. I bought four pairs of maternity jeans, some trousers, yoga pants, and fifteen t-shirts and blouses in assorted colors. I bought some jackets, as the babies would arrive in the middle of winter, and I had to keep warm. I also bought some shoes a size bigger, as my feet kept swelling, and bigger bras. We then went to a baby store, where we had fun picking out matching girly outfits, till Alex complained, and made me buy more boyish clothes as well. We picked out toys and cribs, as well as really pretty lavender sheets for the beds. I found super soft baby blankets, that were pale blue and bought four of them. We also got four of those adorable hooded towels, that were ducks. We also bought two car seats and a diaper bag before deciding we were done. We didn't buy anything else because Alex said she would host a baby shower and I'd get gifts then. We were eating burgers, healthy Lena a salad, when I felt it. A flutter. I said "oh" and touched my stomach. "The babies kicked!" I said smiling. Alex put her hand on my belly and the babies went crazy. I sighed and got up. "I have to pee." Saying this I waddled/walked to the bathroom. I had to go to the bathroom so much lately, thankfully the nausea subsided soon after one and a half months about. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like 30 weeks in human pregnancy. I was HUGE. I went back, where Lena and Alex were whispering about something. In perfect sync, they both said "we weren't saying anything." I laughed. I had heard exactly what they were saying. They were trying to plan my baby shower. We finished our food and went to Lena's penthouse where we chatted excitedly about the babies. I got a sudden craving for chocolate ice cream and pickles and it was bad. I had to have them, "Um Lena? Do you have chocolate ice cream?" She nodded and pointed at the fridge. I put two scoops in a bowl and looked for pickles. I found them and added them to the bowl. I put everything back and sat on the couch. Ohh, it tasted so good. Alex wrinkled her nose and commented on how my cravings were so wacky. I craved random things, like anchovy pizza, salsa/nachos, salty food, and french fries. Alex and I headed back to the DEO around four, after a good six hours spent with Lena. I sat back on the bed and watched musicals, like Grease and Wizard of Oz while eating popcorn. I changed into cozy pajamas and went to bed early, around nine. I closed my eyes and began to dream. I walked across a field covered in flowers, hand on my belly, when suddenly, a women sweeps down. She screams loudly and reaches for my stomach, but I pull away. "You will give me the children or suffer the consequences of being on the receiving end of Reigns wrath." I tried to run, but my feet felt heavier, the more I struggled. The woman flew off, but where she stood, there was a familiar symbol. One associated with Kryptons darkest magic, the dark side of my planet.