You Broke My Heart

I stood in shock as he ran the opposite direction, to another room.I dashed behind him to find him comforting an unconscious woman and three children. One of them was a girl, probably seven or eight, her sister probably six or seven. The youngest was a boy, probably two or three. The woman was really pretty, she had wavy black hair cut bluntly at the shoulders, freckles,  and a petite figure. She was wearing a flowing white robe, like the ones worn on Titan. Her son and daughter looked like her, while her other daughter looked like..... Mon-El. Tears blurred my vision as I watched her kiss him passionately the moment she woke up. He was not mine anymore. He looked up to see that I had followed him. I turned to J'onn and he took me back up to the waterfront, where I ducked into an alley and put my normal clothes on. I sat dangling my legs over the water, thinking about how I had predicted the future through that dream I had. Hot tears rolled down my cheeks, and the depression I had battled with since he had left began to resurface. Nova and Elara had brought me happiness, but I felt bad, as I would never tell them about their father. I felt someone put a hand on my shoulder, "Kara?" I shrank away from his touch, got up and faced him. "Its only been seven months. How could you do this to me?" He looked confused. "Seven months? Its been eight years. I married Imra, in the umm, how do I say this, future. When you put me in the pod, I hit a time disruption and it sent me to the future." I nodded, still hurt that he had married another woman. I said goodbye to him, and got into a taxi, not feeling like flying. I had the driver drop me a few blocks from the DEO, and I dashed inside. Alex met me in the cortex, which was full of computers. She was holding a crying Nova, trying to feed her a bottle, while Elara slept undisturbed in the stroller. I took Nova from her and calmed her down, feeding her the bottle and burping her. I rocked her to sleep and put her into the stroller. I pushed both of them to my former room at the DEO and sat on my bed. I looked at the framed picture of Mon-El on the shelf and cried. The bed was bare, but there was two cribs  I had put here, just in case. I wish the bed was more comfy, I could use a nap. I put the girls into their cribs, and sat back on the bed. Elara woke up, and began crying. Now she needed feeding. I had Alex feed them formula whenever I wasn't there, but I tried to feed them breast milk when ever I could. I unbuttoned my shirt, and let Elara latch on, draping a blanket over her to protect my privacy. Someone knocked on the door, probably Alex so I shouted "Come in!" The door opened. Shit, it was him. "Kara? What happened to you in seven months?" I lowered my head, "Nothing much." He looked straight at me, "Is she mine?" I nodded, trying not to cry. His expression softened as he turned to see Nova. "You had twins?" I nodded yes again, to scared to say anything. "What are they're names?" I smiled a weak smile. "Nova Alexandra and Elara Rose Danvers." He smiled and said, "Those are pretty names! Can I hold umm..." I regained my confidence "Nova. The one I am holding is Elara." He gently picked up Nova, and smiled. "She had your comets." I blushed, he used to call my eyes bright blue comets. "I got to go now, but I'll be back soon." He put Nova back in her crib and left. The girls were two months old now, and I had an unbreakable bond with them. I put them into their stroller and went back outside, now that they were done feeding. I was exhausted, I didn't sleep much, and had a lot of Supergirl stuff to catch up on. Imra was sitting on a chair, with her son on her lap, and her daughters sitting on chairs next to her. I collapsed into a chair next to Winn and sighed. Winn's face lit up and he cooed to the girls. I laughed, he loved them so much. Mon-El was talking to Alex and kept pointing to Imra. She looked tired and didn't seem to have recovered from her fainting fit. I was distracted from my thoughts by Alex, "so he's back." I nodded, my voice on the verge of cracking. "i'm taking Imra to the med bay, but stay here with her kids. Can you do that? I know it hurts." I nodded again and made my way over to the kids. "What are your names?" I asked. " I'm Siana, she's Eila, and he's Tomas" answered the oldest one. I smiled, their names were pretty. "Would you like to meet my kids?" They nodded their heads so I brought over the stroller. "This one is Nova, and the other is Elara." I said pointing. Tomas pouted so I picked him. "What's wrong Tomas?" He looked at me with his bright green eyes and said "Mummy said she having baby. That why she sick?" I was shocked. "umm, I'm not sure." I said. I looked at the Med Bay where Imra had changed into a hospital gown and was laying on the bed, her bump visible.