Oh, Calamity!

"Good evening. Let's go straight to breaking news where over night there's been reports of a mass break out at Arkham Asylum. It's been confirmed that the Joker, Harley Quinn, Riddler, May shatter and the Scarecrow have all—"

The TV abruptly shut off.

"Hey!" You twist around from your place on the couch and glare at your best friend. "I was watching that!"

"Why do you follow that crap?" (Bf/n) asks, rolling their eyes.

Now all I do is sit

"Because it's important," you say, "you need to know what's going on so you can be better prepared."

"More like you follow the actions and reports of the Rouges with a cult like vigor," (bf/n) snorts as they flop down on the couch next to you.

"I like to keep on top of things," you reply.

That was only partly true. You like to keep tabs on the Rouges for safety reasons, but also because you happen to be secretly dating one as well.

It's been the most peculiar of things that had happened to you. Living on the edge, you don't play things safe and get in trouble fairly often. Not that you are a bad person, you just have a restless energy that you need to expend from time to time.

This occasionally results in you doing some not-so legal science experiments that tend to set off explosions. Being a chemical engineer has its perks, but also it's pitfalls. One of those was catching the eye of the notorious Scarecrow. You'd ended up helping him create some of his Fear Toxin, as well as create new chemical reactions and bombs for the other Rouges.

And count the miles from you to me

You can't remember how you'd met, most likely it resulted in you getting gassed with Fear Toxin, though Jonathan had promised that he'd never gassed you, and would never dream of it; ever. Then again, you didn't remember a lot of things since you started dating him. Even before then it was hazy.

"Earth to (y/n)." (Bf/n) waves their hand in your face and you blink, focusing on them.

"Did you hear me?"

"What?" You furrow your brow.

We get older by the hour

(Bf/n) sighs, "I'll take that as a no. I asked if you want to stay the night because of all the baddies out and about."

"No," you say, "I'll be ok."

You truly would be, at least you hoped. Most of the Rouges have a respect for you, though you suspect it's mostly because Jonathan terrifies them.

Now that they were out of Arkham, you expect to get a lot of drop in calls; particularly from Harley and Joker. They were just fascinated with the idea of a civilian secretly dating a Rouge and managing to keep it a secret. When ever they asked you about it you could never give a reason, it was just something you'd been able to do.

"You sure?" (Bf/n) asks, "you're getting really spacey lately. I worry about you."

Watch the changes from afar

"I'm fine," you say, standing up, "trust me."

"If you say so..." (Bf/n) doesn't look convinced. They get up and give you a hug before leading you to the door of their apartment.

"Call me when you get to your apartment, ok? So I know that you made it alright."

"Sure," you say, "I'll do that."