An All Nighter Results In... What!?

Just a sweet, little, slightly OOC Drabble.

Jonathan yawns as he crawls into bed and lays down next to you. It's obvious he's pulled the second all nighter in a row to prepare for one of his 'jobs'.

"Remind me... never again.... up all night..." He mumbles into your shoulder.

"Is the poor old crow sleepy?" you tease, stroking his hair.

"You try pulling two all nighters in a row. That's forty-eight hours with no sleep." He glares at you.

"I can do math," you say, irritated, "and forty-eight hours is nothing. I stayed up for a total of fifty-two hours at one point in time."

"How'd you.... function...?"

"I didn't."

"Mmmm...." Jonathan nuzzles your neck and you sigh.

"You should sleep," you say. "You're going to need it."

"Don't wanna..."

You're dumbstruck. How could Jonathan Crane, the feared Scarecrow, be acting like a child? It's not like it didn't bother you. Anytime he wasn't acting like an ass was nice, but this... this was different.

"Who are you, and what did you do with Jonathan?" you ask, sitting up and staring at him.

He peers up at you through half closed eyes before pulling you down next to him. "......"

"I didn't think you could become so needy," you mutter, kissing his forehead.

"Sleep... with... me..."

"I am you twat." You smack him lightly on the chest. "Now go to sleep, you're freaking me out."

"Freak you out... good." A smirk plays across Jonathan's face.

"You jack ass!" You shoot up into a sitting position. "That's what you wanted to hear this whole time!"

Jonathan chuckles, "Really though... sleep with me."

"Attention whore," you hiss in his ear, snuggling close to him.

"You love it," he mutters back, closing his eyes.

"No I don't, you old crow." You rest your head on his chest and let out a sigh. "Ok... maybe I do."