Chapter 44

Autumn

I've been by his side every since I found out about the car crash. I wasted no time coming to check on him and how he was.

Right now he's in a coma fighting for his life and I'm right by his side fighting for us. All the things I've said , every time we've argued it was so meaningless compared to this. We should have been loving each other instead of fighting every second of the day , maybe if I hadn't said that in the cafeteria that day he wouldn't have been so upset that he didn't pay attention to the road.

I should've been there for him, I failed him.

Every time I look at his pale face that remained gorgeous as ever I cry until I can't anymore , everyone has tried to persuade for me to go home and at least lie down in my bed but I refused every time. I can't leave him when he needs me most I don't care how long it takes I'll stay right here and wait until he wakes up.
*****

A couple days turned into weeks and weeks into months but still I will always remain by his side. I've had all my school work be collected and brought to the hospital along with my clothes and other necessities, I've basically turned this into my own room.

They had to move him because the old room didn't have a shower for me and I couldn't be dirty when he woke I needed to be clean and healthy so I could help him regain his strength.

Today I was going home just for a little while to see Jacob, I've really missed him and being here I barely get to see him.

"Hi baby" I coo at him trying my best to seem perky but really I'm hurt. He gurgles a little and flap his arms around clearly excited to see me.

I smile as a tear leaves my eye, I know Xzavier would be so happy to see how big baby Jacob has gotten. At the a mere five months he's doing so much.

"Autumn"

"Hi dad" I wipe my tear away quickly hoping he didn't notice. He sighs and takes a seat next to me on the couch.

"Babygirl your stronger then this , you got to have faith that he will wake up"

"I feel like he won't wake. Apart of me feels a if he doesn't want to wake up and it scares me so much dad... I love him" he pulls me into him and hugs me tightly while jacob lays in my arms.

"It's going to be okay"

"No it's not! He doesn't want to wake up and it's my fault!" I'm then pulled from the comfort of his arms until I could see his face,he was serious.

"I've raised you better then this! Your the most strongest person I've met autumn and now what your scared?! You want him to wake up again? Give him that strength to fight for it. How must he know his strength when all he's surrounded by is tears and people saying how sorry they are for him? You love this boy?"

"Yes"

"Then you go to him and you make him listen to you, your going to make him fight for all that you two have been through ,for the sake of both of your hearts and if he comes back to you then that's true love"

I took in every word my dad has said and he's right , how can I expect Xzavier to wake up when I'm not motivating him to. I need to be stronger and give him the strength to wake up.

"Thank you dad" I hug and kiss him while placing Jacob into his lap.

I know what I have to do
Now and I won't let my fear of losing him to this coma stop me from being there for him.

I jump in my parents car and head for the hospital. This time I'm going to make him listen , I'm going to make him want to wake up. He's going to fight and I'm going to be the one motivating him.