Chapter 2: Adjusting?

Ya Allah! 

I groaned mentally opening my eyes, it was still dark and the house was eerily quiet. I get up from the bed and head towards the bathroom to make my wudhu (ablution) for my tahajjud (voluntary mid-night prayer). Standing in front of my lord I asked him for forgiveness and supplicate to him.

After finishing with the prayers, I flop onto the bed, checked my bedside clock and see that its already 4:57.Hmm, if Fajr prayer is around 5:35, then snoozing for 30 minutes wouldn't be so bad, right?

Next thing I knew was Hamza yelling in my ears really loud and jumping on my bed. 

"Ruwaydaaaaaah!!!! Get up, its time for Fajr and mom said to go wake you up!"

Waking up with a fright, I whisper yelled at him. "Hamza the next time you wake me up by yelling in my ear you'll regret it!." 

"Oh yeah? really ?" he smirks and runs out of the room before I had the chance to throw a pillow at him.  Ah really? My brother can be so annoying.
After saying my Fajr prayers, I greeted the elder ones and told them I was going for a walk in the neighbourhood.

Ring....Ring...Ring

"Salams girl, how you doing? Don't tell me you've already forgotten about me. So tell me, how is London ? Do you like it ? Have you moved to your own house?." My friend attacked me as soon as I picked up the phone.

"Woah woah woaaah! salams to you too honey, and since when did you become a nonstop chattering cockatoo ?." I chuckled.

"Haha, very funny Ruways but seriously, how are you settling down over there? Are you okay? With your surroundings, I mean."

"Alhamdulillah, I'm good Sahlah, I'm really good. And the surroundings are just okay. I'm just checking out the neighbourhood actually."

"Oh really?!"

"Mmmhm."

Thinking about my best friend, how close we were and the sad fact that things were never going to be the way they used to be, started to get me choked up and emotional and soon enough, I was on the verge of tears.

Sensing that she was also thinking on the same line as I was, I changed the subject. About fifteen minutes later, I hung up with a big smile on my face.

Talking to Sahlah actually lifted some weight of my shoulders, Alhamdulillah. Thirty minutes  after walking around, I decide to head back home.

Upon getting home, I run into the kitchen and open the fridge. My eye brows immediately shoot up as I spot 3 cans of ginger beer. 

Since when did aunt Aminah start buying ginger beer? I knew for a fact that she didn't take carbonated drinks nor did my parents. So the fact that there were some in the fridge was a mystery. "

"She might have actually bought it for me." I thought to myself, shrugging as I took a can from the fridge and headed towards the sitting room. 

Upon sitting down, I relax and take my time sipping the chilled drink in peace till a deep voice spoke from behind me, making me jump.

"Well hello to you too, Ruwaydah. You look very satisfied with yourself this fine morning, taking my ginger beer without permission and sipping it casually as if it were the most normal thing in the world."

"Junayd?"I ask, shocked to the core and not believing my eyes when I turned around to look at the source of the voice. 

Where a young boy once stood, a very tall handsome man was standing with the signs of an early beard forming on his face.