Chapter 8: Him Again

Above is the picture of the biology class, but not to worry the girl above is not Ruwaydah.

And Insha Allah I'll  post the cast of this story in the next update.

Oh my Allah!

"Why is he here?" I thought to myself.

You might find this hard to believe but, this is the first time I've noticed him in Biology class. I groan in frustration because right now, I feel like pulling at my hair.

Why did it have to be him out of all people??!

Anyways, I steadied myself to go and meet him. All the way, I silently prayed he didn't  recognize me. Apparently, his name is James Kent and he has been paired up with me for the project. For the past two weeks, I'd been avoiding most boys I saw in the hallway just in case one of them turned out to be him. I'd also been praying not to see him again. But it looked like God had other plans for us so, who was I to do or say anything.

"Qadarullah ma sha*." I mutter to myself as I approached him.(*its a phrase that shows accepting the destiny/fate that Allah has written for you.)

He also looked very surprised to see me and I take it as a sign that he remembers me and his encounter with me and I hear him ask the teacher for change of partners.

"Unfortunately, Mr Kent you cannot change partners and my decision is final"

OUCH! That kinda hurt.

You might be wondering what exactly hurt me, and I'll tell you honestly.

One: the fact that he asked to change partners 

Two:the fact that we couldn't change partners.

Sounds complicated right? I know.

As I moved to sit near him (but not too near of course) at our designated table, I catch him glaring at me very hotly so I just speak first.

"Hello, it is so very NOT nice to see you again and I myself am not happy with the way we're partners. It looks like we have no other choice but to cooperate." 

Okay, that might have sounded rude but the glare he was giving me was totally worth the rudeness.

After that, I didn't bother speaking to him and he also didn't bother speaking to me so we just continued the class like that. Fine by me!

Towards the end of the class he nudged me with his pen but I ignored it and pretended like I didn't feel it and continued to listen to the teacher. He continued to poke me until I lose it and snap, "What?"

"I was wondering....."he said holding his chin with his forehead creased as if he were thinking.

"Umm hmm.."I said quite impatiently.

"How many people have you killed so far, I mean you're a terrorist right? and that's why you cover your hair with that rag-cloth and dress hideously ."

I was dumbfounded and so shocked and looked at him as if he was crazy. And I swear, there was nothing I wanted to do so bad at the moment than to slap his handsome face. Wait,What??

"You heard yourself Yawu. You're beginning to crush the damn boy and have haraam thoughts!!" my subconscious screamed at me.

"No I'm not!!." I attack.

"La la la la la!" it continued taunting me.

Whatever. I was so pissed off that I forgot that I was still in class and I shouted, "What the hell do you mean by "that rag-cloth." I say, pointing to my head. 

"And for your information it's called a hijab. And don't you even dare to call me a terrorist ever in your life .Plus, I should be the one asking you how many people you've killed, as you look like someone who can drink his head off and then proceed to drive ."

That was really harsh, I know but, I was stark raging mad and I didn't have a care right then.

As soon as I said that, a dark look came upon his face and he was about to reply when he was cut off by Mrs Salsey.

"Where do you students think you are?? shouting in my class like you are in your homes?." she said handing the both of us detention slips. "As soon as school ends, you are to come to this class to serve your detention and don't think you are coming here to sit down like potatoes doing nothing. And as I have a lots of work for you to do, I'm  not going to let an entire hour go to waste just like that."

I turned around to sit on my seat but not until I give dumbo over there a very hot glare. I didn't  even realize that I stood up.

Hey guys,

I hope you're all doing great. Loved the update?

Comment and vote. Thank you 😊 

QOTD: Dunkin 'Donuts or Krispy Kreme?