Chapter 4: The start of something new

Before my mum could make a comeback at him, we were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Thank goodness! Saved by the bell." I thought to myself. Throwbacks and comebacks between my mum and dad wasn't a joke at all and I didn't want to be caught between it.

"Asalamu Alaykum guys, sorry to interrupt your family meeting." Junayd says from the other side of the door but is interrupted by Hamza.

"Without me, of course." 

"Yeah, whatever." Junayd mumbles.

"Okay yeah, without Hamza. But if you want your daughter to go to school today, you have to release her because the school bus is coming in about five minutes and I'm sure she doesn't want to miss her first day of school here."

"Surely not." I reply heading towards the door.

"Ruwaydah." my dad's firm voice stops me. "If you have at problems at school please tell us, okay?."

"Okay dad. Bye, Asalamu Alaykum."

"Wa Alaykum asalam." they reply in unison.

I'm really kinda relieved the Junayd interrupted because you seriously don't want to know what would have broken out from debating on whether it was only my dad's blood flowing through my veins and so on.

And after waiting for the bus  with Junayd for like 6 minutes it finally arrived. 

You're one minute late mister!" I say quietly in my mind while passing the driver.

Luckily for me the bus wasn't really full yet, so I chose a seat beside the window. Lucky for me the bus is the type that has single seats on one side and double seats on the other side so I didn't have to worry about a seat partner(males especially).

So there I was daydreaming about how fun the beginning of every school year in Nigeria used to be and

SCREEEEECH!!!

"Okay guys get down we're already at school and have a nice day everyone."

"Jeez man that was loud." uttered a grumbling me as I made for the exit.

"Hey!" I said, running to catch up with Junayd. "Where am I headed to right now?"

"Well,  I'll drop you at the principals office and from there you will be able to find your way around. Just make sure not to be late for your first class, okay?"

"Okie-dokie! whatever you say buddy."

He then dropped me at the principal's office and left me but not before giving me a thumbs-up.
Okay here we go!

 "Bismillah." I say lifting my hand to knock on the door.

"Come in!"

"Good morning sir. I'm Ruwaydah Sanni and I'm here to collect my schedules, timetables and my students ID card."