Chapter 18: The girl in my ward

Above is a typical example of the type of ward Ruwaydah was placed in. And here, she'll ....don't let me spoil the chap for you soo continue reading and Enjoy!

This chapter is dedicated to 💎 @Harsnah  and  💎 @Ambivert_Amba  because of their eager request for an update. Ambi here threatened to kill me btw. Just so you know 

Wattpad!! Where are you o 🗣!

I reach the curtain and after a moments hesitation, I pulled it back.

On the bed, lay a girl who had curled up in the fetal position with her dark raven hair spread out on the bed.

Sensing movement, she turned her head towards me and the moment I saw her face, I involuntarily let out a gasp.

With purple bags around both her eyes with gaunt cheekbones and dark eyes which seemed to be gazing into the depths of my soul, she looked like a zombie from one of those horror movies I watched on sahlah's laptop.

Upon hearing my gasp, she recoiled and immediately covered her face, but not before I saw the hurt that was reflected in her eyes.

"Shit!!." I curse inwardly. 

Obviously, she had gone through some gruesome, traumatizing ordeal and was just recovering from her mental and physical scars. 

"You just had to confirm and remind her that she looked hideous ehn?"

"I didn't mean to do it. It just happened." I fired back.

You guys should know by now, that I was having a quarrel with my subconscious again!.

And by Allah, I really didn't mean to react the way I did. It's just that, the way she looked pained me and hit me in the gut. I couldn't believe someone actually did that to her.

I mean....it couldn't have been self inflicted right?.

"I know I look horrible like the monster I am, so go away and leave me alone."

Her voice sounded hoarse and scratchy when she spoke and I got peeved out a bit, cause I wasn't expecting her to speak.

"Say something !!" Subconscious screamed in my head and for the first time in forever, I listened to it.

" I'm so sorry for reacting the way I did. It was a shameful act on my part and I'm truly sorry." 

Silence greeted my words of apology as she didn't reply to me.

"Surprise, surprise!!" was my subconscious's taunting reaction.

"I also don't think you're a monster. The person who did this to you is the real monster here." I stated clearly and surprisingly, quite vehemently. 

At this, she turns her head towards me and says, " You don't have to go that far to explain yourself and pacify me. I'm getting used to your kind of reaction. I get it all the time."

Although it's night time already and it's quite dark, I see dark wet trails on her cheeks with the aid of the night lights in our ward. She was silently crying !

At first, I was kinda offended by the way she assumed I was like the other people she'd interacted with but hey, she only just met me and we're literally strangers to each other.

Two, she was obviously in need of support and someone to comfort her. I guess she had none of those. No one to hold her and assure her that everything will be alright, no one at all.