Chapter 10: Killing Two Birds with A Stone

Alhamdulillah! I'm done with my exams but the results are not out yet so keep me in your prayers people!

Above is  Amira an lee as Najla Ahmad. Isn't she cute ?

"That's the- ." She was interrupted by her ringing phone.

Break up with your girlfriend,yea yea cuz I'm bored

You could hit it in the morning,yea yea........

"Hello. Okay,I'll meet you soon."

"Who's that?!"I ask wide eyed because her ringtone was forever "Hello by Adele" until now it seems and I take notice of the slight pink beginning to creep onto her face .

"umm..umm."she stutters.

"Mmhmm?"i asks eyebrows raised.

"I really cant tell you now Ruwaydah,hopefully when we chat at night,okay? Bye."she says waving to me and trying to cover up her feelings and i dont blame her because i kinda understand what she's going through.Huh! she thinks i cant guess right?!.

I chuckle to myself as I make my way to Mrs Salsey's class.

"You're 5 minutes late!" Mrs Salsey said as I entered her classroom and I jumped.( I seem to be doing that often today)

"I'm so sorry ma'am.It's just that....."

"Oh don't bother and just sit down!" she interrupted me. "At least you're earlier than your partner.I really wonder how you're ever going to work on a project together.

"You're the one to say!"I thought angrily to myself.

For the first five minutes,i was just staring into space as I didn't know what to do and Mrs Salsey didn't bother telling me anything after she scolded me fo coming late so as I think the better of it,I decide to do my homework.

20 mins into doing my homework,his 'Majesty' decided to arrive.

"Your'e 30 mins late" Mrs Salsey announced to him just like she had to me earlier.

"Sorry." was all he said without sounding sorry at all with his irritating signature smirk on his face  as he took a seat .

 It looked like Mrs Salsey either ignored him or didn't acknowledge his behaviour as she said nothing and went back to doing what it was that she was doing.  

      And I'm telling you seriously,he's really lucky because if it was in 9ja/nigeria, the teacher would have slapped him eehh and I'm not joking at all.

Anyways,I don't acknowledge him and go back to doing my work. Five mins after, I look over to where he's seated and find him staring at me.I glare at him so he knows I'm not happy with the situation as i could be spending this quality time doing something meaningful but at least i'm  doing  my homework so that counts as meaningful.I chuckle to myself as I see him squirm under my gaze/glare and return to my work.Again.

After finishing all my homework,I check my watch and see that i still have about 15 to 20 mins to go.I look over to him and see him furiously tapping away at his phone.And I'm shocked because from what i know and heard about detention,it's supposed to be a punishment not some sort of cyber cafe. Abruptly, my train of thought was interupted by Mrs Salsey'

"You can go now Ms Sanni."

I exhale with relief "Thank you ma'am."

"No problem,your'e a serious student and I don't why I shouldn't let you go now."

I blushed at the compliment and packed my things into my bag and stood up to go.As I walked to the door,I saw that Kent had also stood up.

"Not you Kent.I specifically said Ms Sanni."

"But..But.."he started to say.

"Don't 'but' me. First of all,you came in 30 mins late and you didn't apologise.And as usual,with your snobbish attitude,you walked past and sat down feeling almighty.To make matters worse,you brought out your phone to use when you know very well that the use of phones is not allowed in detention."Mrs Salsey shouted rather crossly and hotly.

Deafeated,Kent went back to his seat looking beat up and as I stood there watching all the drama unfold,I had to do my best not to burst out laughing because the look on his face was priceless.But when Mrs Salsey told him thereafter.

"And for your information, you have 45 mins to go before you end your detention."

I lost it completely and started laughung because boy, did he look funny!

At that point,he decided to acknowledge me and turned to glare at me

"And who do you think your'e laughing at, dirtbag?"*-*

That did it! Because I stopped laughing immediately and with all the strength I could muster,I reply coldly,"You have no right whatsoever to call me a dirtbag! IDIOT!!!"

"Oooh, why get all flustered?"

I laugh menacingly and reply, "Your'e right! why should I get flustered when you mean absolutely nothing to me and besides your'e not worth the devil's time so why should i waste my time with something so worthless.And moreover, you should look at yourself in the mirror.You look like an overripe tomato with steam coming out from it."I say the last part smirking darkly at him leaving him with his mouth wide open.

As I walk away, I hear his voice, "You'll never get away with this!!"

And with that I say to myself," GOSH! Poor him! I must have crushed his pride and ego. killing two birds with a stone.I love it!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I almost didn't update cuz I just finished my exams less than 5 days ago and I was tired but i decide to get my butt off my bed to update.

Remember to vote and comment.And I mean it cuz I dont think i've seen a comment on this story except from a few of my loyal friends.

QOTD: Who is your favorite singer?

ANS: I don't really have a favorite singer but Lil Nas's voice is soooo .....(dreamily smiles) gosh!