Chapter 12

Naruto's POV :

I turned around and all I could see were ice panels all around me. I was stuck. Stuck in some sort of ice globe. Sasuke was standing next to me with a similar expression on his face. Shock and suprise. I could hear Sakura's faded voice as she called our names. Haku disappeared from my view when he entered one of the Ice panels. I was shocked even more than I was before.He disappeared and there were reflections of himself in every single ice panel on the wall.
"Show yourself!" Sasuke screamed as he tried getting in a defensive pose.
"He is everywhere," I said as I stared at one of the reflections. From the reflection to my right, I saw something shiny zoom past me and head toward Sasuke. I turned to face him and found him with a needle in his arm.
"Sasuke are you ok?" I started worrying as more needles starting coming towards us.
"I'm fine.NOW MOVE!" He screamed the last part as we both dodged the needles.
"Let's try attacking the panels. The more we break the easier it is to find the real one."
We both started attacking different ice panels but no mater what Jutsu we used, the ice panels were still intact.
"Its not working. What do we do now," I called out.
"It will never work. My Ice panels are unbreakable." Haku's voice ringed through our ears.
Sasuke stared at me and I stared back.The only thing we could do was dodge the needles until Kakashi would finish off Zabuza.
"Why are you woking with the cow man?" I asked Haku deciding to waste some time.
"You wouldn't understand." Haku's sad voice filled the area.
"Naruto don't get distracted. Concentrate on dodging." I ignored Sasuke and just continued talking to Haku.
"I bet you I'll understand."
"If you say so. I know you won't but if I don't tell you,you'll probably be pestering me."
I had a cheeky grin on my face as she guessed correctly.
"Zabuza is the only person I have in my life. My gift made people treat me differently. Differently in a bad way. I had no family anymore and I was alone. One night Zabuza came to me and told me he could use me. I felt an emotion I never felt before. It was the first time that someone needed me. Even if he may use me as I tool I don't care. He was the person who made me feel useful. Without him I would probably be dead. I care for him so much."
My grin transformed into a frown. I could hear soft sobs. Sobs that I knew well. Sobs that kept me company as I tried falling asleep.
"It might be a suprise but I know how you feel." I whispered as I sint want Sasuke to hear. I spoke normally later.
"Haku let us out. I want to talk to you. I swear I won't do anything to Zabuza."
"Naruto what are you doing?" Sasuke yelled but I ignored him again. I wanted to know more about the boy that shared the same sad emotions as me.
"As long as you don't touch him I can let you go."
Haku's jutsu slowly disappeared as he was in the place of one of the Ice pannels. I walked over to him and told him to follow him. He did and when we were far enough from everyone else I started talking.
"I know how you feel. The villagers hate me for something that isn't my fault. It hurts. So much. I used to feel empty and lonely. But now it's getting better. At least I think it is. I have 4 people and a fox that care for me. I know that friends won't last forever. It says so in the name itself. Fri'end's will end and I will be alone again. Alone in a world were no one loves me. But if I don't cherise them now, I'll be even lonelier because I know that I didn't cherise the time they wasted on a monster like me. I'm happy you found someone like Zabuza that makes you feel happy. I'll stop Kakashi Sensei. I can't make him ruin the life of someone who feels like me."
Haku was left speechless. The only sound were my sniffles. I wasn't used to sharing deep information. It made me feel even more vulnerable then I was.

After a few minutes Haku spoke up in a soft voice.
"I didn't know there was someone who went through sad times like me. I hope your friendships will never end. Thank you for trying to get Zabuza to treat less like a tool.i don't care about how he treats me as long as I'm not alone. That's what I used to think but now I realised that I need to tell him that I want to fight with him as a side kick and not a tool anymore."
A smile appeared on his lips and it soon apeared on mine aswell.
I walked over to Zabuza ignoring Kakashi Sensei calling my name. I didn't care about it at all right now. I wanted Haku to be happy.

"Zabuza!" I screamed over the random noises. He imediately smirked as he saw me.
"The kyuubi brat is here."
I was really annoyed at the nickname he gave me but I tried to hold back my annoyance. I had better things to do.
"Shut up and listen to me," I let out some of Kurama's presence to make him more likely to listen to me and it worked.
"I have something important to say.Its about Haku. You treat her like a tool and you don't care about her feelings. He deeply cares about you. You were the only person that actually made him feel useful. He's been with you for so long and I'm pretty sure you would want to know what he wants. He dosent want to be a tool anymore. He wants to be more than that. He wants to be your sidekick. He want s to help you in a sidekick way instead of a tool way."
Zabuza was shocked as I finished talking. I could see his eyes tearing up as a shocked expression replaced the smirk.
"I n-never knew that Haku...." Zabuza was stuttering and he soon mumbled the words at the end.
"Listen. Why don't you leave here and spend some time with Haku as a sidekick and human being instead of treating her like a tool." I suggested.
"I guess you're right. I've been with him for so long but I never asked him how he feels. I'll always remember you Naruto. You thought me to open my heart to others emotions."
I was happy that he finnaly realised how Haku felt and because he finnaly used my name to call me.

Zabuza left after Haku and him talked for awhile. They left me with three people with different expressions on their faces ranging from shock,confusion and something like pride.
"I don't know what happened but I think you just stopped the fight with Zabuza." Sakura said as she smiled.
They kept congratulating me as I kept on thinking about what I had said to Haku.

All of this is going to end.
And I'm going to be alone again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in so long. I don't know why but for some strange reason I didn't feel like writting more chapters for this story. I already have nearly everything for the story in my head. I even know how it's going to end. So I don't think it's a writting block. I just think that I didn't want to go on my phone and write.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed😀