10K special

The soft orange light radiated from the sun and hit Naruto on the face. His tired eyes slowly opened as he grumbled soft nonsenses as he rubbed his eyes. Having gone asleep late last night made Naruto's head lightly ache. But he didn't care. After all it was the new year Eve. Obviously Naruto didn't realize that he had to stay awake late today too but he didn't care. He was really excited about the fireworks. It was going to be his first time he went to see the fireworks with his friends.

The excitement made Naruto's jump out of bed and head to the shower as soon as he could. He couldn't wait to meet Sasuke and Sakura. A goofy smile grazed his features as he stepped into the bathroom. The cold air hit his skin as he got out of his pyjamas and his bare feet touched the freezing blue tiles. A frown replaced the smile as Naruto ran his hands over the scars on his arms. They didn't heal completely and Naruto preferred it that way. It was going to be a reminder. That when times got though he should never get back to his old habits as he now had people he could depend on during those times. Wanting those thoughts out of his head before his mood would be ruined he stepped in the shower and let the water warm his cold skin.

"Hey Naruto. Have you ever wondered why cats adore fish? I mean it's good but still." Kurama told Naruto in his head as Naruto walked towards team's 7 meeting place.

"No. Why would I care. Why should there be a reason?"

"Why did you have to be so mean." Kurama faked cried and Naruto started laughing. Soon after Kurama joined and the journey to the meeting place was filled with them laughing mentally.

When Naruto arrived his smile grew even bigger as he saw Sakura and Sasuke waving at him. Both with smiles on their faces. Yes even Sasuke smiled. The smile itself made Naruto even happier.

"Hey Naruto." Sakura waved as Naruto finally reached them.

"Hey Sakura. Hey Sasuke. Why are you so happy today Sasuke?" Naruto looked at a blushing Sasuke as he looked to the side.

"Well. I'm just happy. Can't I be happy." Sasuke mumbled as he looked at the snow covered ground. His boot kicking the white blanket enough so you could see the grass underneath.

"Yeah sure. Sasuke just got a new pet cat and you should have seen him. He went full on cute mode on the poor cat." Sakura nudged Sasuke's shoulder and his face got even redder.

Naruto laughed as he stared at the scene infront of  him. "Why is it that everyone is talking about cats today." He asked Kurama who shrugged.

"Cats are adorable that's why."

"Sure tell yourself that."

Naruto went back from his mental chat with Kurama and looked at Sakura who was laughing at a red faced Sasuke.

.
.

It was 11:40. The park was filled. Laughter and smiles where everywhere. And for once Naruto was laughing too. Smiling as Sakura was making jokes and as Sasuke tried joking but failed miserably. It was perfect. If at the start of the year people said Naruto was going to be happy,he would have laughed and shrugged it off. But now, he had finally found the happiness that would fill the empty place in his heart. Another year was going to come. But Naruto wasn't scared about it this time. He was finally happy.

Without noticing, something wet fell down his cheek. He reached his hand to wipe it away but more came. The tears getting bigger and bigger. He wasn't sad. Those were tears of happiness. Tears that showed that everything was going to be ok.

"Aww Naruto come here. Don't cry." Sakura hugged Naruto as his tears stained the pink fabric of Sakura's dress. Naruto felt Sasuke's hand mess with his hair. A smile made his way to Naruto's tear stained face.

The first bang sounded throughout the garden. Followed by another one. The dark sky was filled with colors. The fireworks filled the sky like watercolors dancing along a wet paper. Blues,reds,yellows and other colors flashed around and disappeared leaving colorful dust that fluttered to the ground.

Naruto felt something fall in his hands. He looks down and finds something that makes him smile. In his hand was a pice of the fireworks. It was a block of ash. A good luck charm for the new year to come. A good luck charm for everything to make him fell like he felt today.  Happy.

11:59

Naruto clutched the charm next to his heart and stared at the colorfull sky.

00:00

"Happy New year!"

So u just wanna say. Thank u guys so much. Like how. This story got so much love and I can't believe it. I remember when I would look and get 1 view every chapter. Now one has like 900. I don't know how or why because i started writing this a year ago and I may have not improved but this story is pretty basic and and you could have guessed what was going to happen in the story. I suck at writing these things but just know that I love everyone who read this. Whether you read this when I was updating it or when I was already finished I don't care. You gave me support and thanks to you I'm not scared to publish new stories.this was my first story and my first time every allowing someone to read stuff that I write. So this means a lot to me. I had some though times with this as I wanted to give up but I remember seeing someone telling me to update and I got all my motivation back. So thank u.