Chapter 20

Have you ever felt like a minute felt like hours. Like a day felt like weeks. And like weeks felt like years. That's what I felt. Everyday. For the past 2 weeks. I would wake up. Go to the hospital. Stay there. And go to sleep. Same thing everyday. It hurt me. Not physically but mentally. Our team isn't a team anymore. Sakura would visit him everyday with me but we never talked. No one did. Kakashi came to the hospital evrytime he could. We were all dead inside. Our little ball of Sunshine gone. There infront of us but out of reach.

Today was different. I knew it the second the toaster burned my toast. The second the mirror in my bathroom cracked. It was an omen for something. I was scared. Scared about what it could be. Scared that something even worse was going to happen. Scared that the unthinkable was going to happen. I closed my eyes and headed out. To the place where I spent most of my time.

Over the 2 weeks, his injuries healed down. The stabs only scars that would remain in his life. The bruises disappeared and left his tanned skin clear of any purple. He looked peaceful. As if he was sleeping after exercising all day. The only problem was that he wouldn't wake up from his rest. I stared at him as my eyes filled with salty tears. I went to the chair next to his bed and held his hand. It was times like this that I hated myself. Myself and my stupid pride that I cared more about than my friends. It was times like this that I wish I wouldn't have been this stupid.

My eyelids felt heavy. His hand was cold as I fell into the world of sleep. The world filled with nightmares. Nightmares that remind me of my mistake. Nightmares that make me hate myself even more than I already do. There was one however that kept on repeating in my head. Him falling down. My hands too far away. His voice screaming as I arrived too late. Every time I close my eyes, I would be reminded that I was too late. And because of me, he might loose his life.

I woke up with sweat covering my face. It wasn't the only time I woke up like this. It was a repeating cycle. Something was different however. I woke up feeling eyes on me. Eyes that haunted me in my dreams. Eyes I wish I could see again. His eyes

Naruto was staring at me. His eyes wide open.

A/n:
Sorry it's short. It's 10pm but I really wanted to update tonight. Tomorrow I have school but I'm going to update my other story before I sleep.