Chapter 22

"Naruto!"

I heard voices cry out as they hurried towards me. A tear faced Sakura and a worried Kakashi. They enveloped me in a tight hug, their tears soaking the fabric of my white hospital gown.

"We missed you so much. We were so worried." Sakura sobbed harder. She looked at me and played with my hair. "Don't do that again ok. We love you and we can't see you like this."

My heart felt light. I felt loved. Something I wanted to feel from a long time. I was stupid. Thinking that they didn't like me. Actually they don't like me. They love me. And it was the best feeling I could ever feel.

"I'm sorry." I said. The word holding a lot of meaning to me.

Sakura stopped hugging me and sat next to me on the bed. Kakashi was on my left and she was on my right.

"Don't be. We should be sorry. I promise we won't let you get hurt again." Kakashi sensei said and I felt tears in my eyes. I waved at them to all lean forward and hugged all 3 of them tightly. I didn't want to let them go. For once in my life I felt safe and that's all that I wanted.

※※※

My injuries were slowly healing. The pain went away. However, there was one wound that would take longer. The wound in my heart. The wound that made me hide behind Kakashi's back every time we pass by villagers. The villagers who hurt me were found and put to prison for hurting a fellow member of the village. But that doesn't really help me. I guess I'm going to be traumatized for life. At least now I wont have to hide behind a wall and hide my feelings. I'm not scared of crying infront of my teammates anymore. I can finally show what I feel without having to worry about it.

Kakashi wanted us to do our team introducing activity again. He realized that I probably lied about everything I said. Which if he did realize it, he was right. Now I don't really need to worry about hiding my likes and dislikes. I guess I can say what I want.

"Ok. Sasuke you go first."

"My name is Sasuke. I didn't like a lot of things at the start. Maybe nothing at all. But now I think I like somethings. Those things are spending time with you guys and eating tomatoes. Don't question it. I hate.... I don't really know anymore. And what is my dream. Well I don't know. I'll just go where fate brings me."

Me and Sakura started laughing at Sasuke's flustered face and Kakashi started smiling. I'm pretty sure he was happy that Sasuke changed this much.

"Next Sakura."

"My name is Sakura. What the hell was going through my brain when I last said this. I like spending time with you guys and baking. I hate stupid insects that don't look where they're going and end up near me when I bake. My dream is to have a family."

I was smiling at everyone. I learned new things that I didn't know about them before. I guess it's my time to tell them about me.

"Ok last person. Go on Naruto."

"My name is Naruto and I just discovered that I'm the fourth Hokage's son. I didn't really know what to say before so I made most thing up. Now I realize however, that I can be honest with you guys. So what I like is you guys, Kurama (when I said it, he fist bumped me in my mind) and yes I do love instant noodles. What I hate.....Before I hated this whole village. The villagers and other stuff. Now I guess I don't anymore. I mean does being scared mean you hate them. I guess what I hate is when people judge you without getting to know you first. My dream. I don't know. Maybe to stay with you guys forever. Even when we are old people, I still want to have team meetings and have fun."

I ended my speech with tears eyes and a smile on my face. I felt 3 pairs of arms hold me in a tight hug.

I could get used to this.