Chapter 14

I woke up with a smile on my face. A few weeks passed from the Zabuza mission and we kept going on little missions around villages close to ours.The reason why I woke up with a smile on my face, is because it's the 1st of October. 10 more days and it's my birthday. I've been waiting for my birthday to come this year. Every birthday I had, was always celebrated alone. It wasn't always a happy time. Sure it was when I turned older but it was much more than that. 10th of October was also the day my parents died and the village was attacked by a controlled Kurama. However, this year us different. This year I'm actually celebrating it with my friends. Who knows, I might even laugh for the first time on my birthday.

It was mid-day already as I spent most of the morning laying in bed not wanting to get up. I would have stayed in bed longer if it wasn't for Kurama being really annoying and nagging me about getting up. Sometimes I wish I could shut him up. But if I do, I would probably miss all those useless things we talk about. I ran outside my house locking the door shut. I didn't want anyone of my team mates entering especially not Sakura. If she saw the mess on the floor and all around my house she would probably force me too clean. That is something that I don't want to do.

I didn't really have anything to do today. There were no missions but Kakashi,Sakura and Sasuke were called to the Hokage's office. Even iruka Sensei was called to the office. I tried asking why they were called but they wouldn't tell me. Atleast they said they should be coming back after 2 hours.

I started walking towards one of the parks in the village. I usually go to this specific park. It was the only one I knew that never had any villagers around. I would go here when I wanted to stay away from the villagers or when I was bored. It always calmed me down and made me relaxed. I would lie down and stare at the clouds above me as the wind would hit my face. I lied down like every time I would come here. When I was about to close my eyes and fall asleep, Kurama woke me up by starting a conversation.

"Hey Naruto!" He yelled in my ear making me jump.

"What do you want? I was about to get some peaceful sleep." I said with a pout on my face.

"Don't you think you've slept enough already?" His annoyed voice filled my head.

"Well yeah. But you can never get enough sleep."

"How does the air feel?" It was a small question but when he said it, I stopped staring at the sky and closed my eyes. I concentrated and when I opened them, I was standing infront of him.

"What do you mean?" I looked up at him as a sad sigh escaped his mouth.

"You see, I've been locked in here for a long time. I don't remember how it feels when the wind hits my fur. It's something that I really miss."
I started thinking about what I could do. I wanted him to feel the air again. Feeling the wind hit my face when I lie down on the grass is something that I love feeling.

"Is there a way that I can let you outside with out all your powers. It's the only way that you can stay outside. If I let you out with your full power, the villagers will go crazy."
I could see Kurama's face twist as he started thinking about what I could do to help.
"I know. It might be hard as you need to concentrate fully but I know what to do. You can let me out but instead of my size, you'll make me the size of a cub. That way I won't have a lot of power and I can enjoy the wind. It does require a lot of focus because if you make a mistake, my power will leak for a bit and the villagers will get alarmed and think that I'm attacking again. I know you can do it though."

"Great idea. I'll try it now. If you look like a deformed cub it's not my fault though." Kurama started laughing and soon I was laughing aswell.

Once the laughing stopped, I closed my eyes and concentrated. I pictured a baby Kirama and the power he would have. When I had the picture in mind, I imagined me pulling the cub outside of my body and putting him in the garden. When I opened my eyes again, I was back in the park with a cute baby kurama on my lap.

"You're so cute!" I hugged Kurama tightly as he let out words that a re too rude to write down. I guess he dosent like tight hugs or me calling him cute.

"You succeeded kid. Next time however try making me more frightening and not so cute."
I laughed at that as I pinched his fluffy cheek.

"Shut up. I always wanted to hug you  but you were always too big. You looked so fluffy and now I know that you are." I hade a wide grin on my face and soon one was on Kurama's face.

As we kept on talking together, 1 hour already passed. I was about to fall asleep again with kurama in my arms when I heard twigs snapping behind me. When I turned around to see who it was, I realised I was in trouble. I got up and started to run with Kurama in my hands. However, we were too late.

Author's note

I updated twice in a week.💜
I really want to write the next part as I had it in my head for quite some time but I probably won't write it until next week. I'll be busy but I'll try updating it soon. I'm sorry I ended it with a bit of a cliffhanger.🙃