Prologue

Falling in love with your old best friend isn't always a great idea, especially when he's Tanner Wilde - the heartthrob half the population is drooling over. 6 foot 1 and named Forbes sexiest man twice in the last two years, Tanner is nothing over every girls dream. Nothing short of mine either, and lately, they seem to be getting more and more realistic as the release of his first album nears.

See, I grew up with Tanner. We did everything together ever since first grade when he accidentally spilt my juice on the ground, me along with it, and when everyone kept walking, he actually stopped, helped me up and cleaned it up, even though it was outside, and then got me a new cup of juice after taking me to the nurse. I hung out with him the rest of the day then and we ended up becoming best friends from then on. All up until he took a trip LA to see his grandpa in the summer and met Quincy Adams, one of the biggest talent scouts in Hollywood.

Tanner use to sing all the time, the only time he really didn't was when I was talking. He was one of the best listeners before everything happened. We would just sit in the field behind his yard and sing, Tanner strumming a few silent notes on his guitar as we sang whatever song came into our heads. It was a good time. I miss it, more than anything really.

Quincy made Tanner big, and in the last year, he's become the biggest new talent out there. No recognition goes to our little town in southern Tennesee, or to me, who he has yet to get up with since the day he came up to tell everyone back home.

"It's a once in a lifetime chance, Taylor." He had said. "This is my dream and if you can't understand that, I guess we really weren't friends in the first place."

That broke me. That sentence was what made me despise the Tanner he had become. In all his fame and glory, between girlfriends and shirtless magazine covers, I immersed myself in photography because it was one of the only things I had left to enjoy in life. Tanner was long gone to me, even though he had left a year ago to live in LA, I had convinced myself that I was moved on. We had never dated, it wasn't like I was some kind of a bitter ex. Not that I wasn't physically attracted, it would be hard not to be, he was the full package to most girls, especially since he has just recently turned 19. With bright blue eyes, dark brown messy hair, and perfectly toned skin, it'd be a lie to say I wasn't attracted. But that really wasn't what I connected to him by, if anything, it was his mentality. He was beyond intelligent when he wanted to be. His thoughts on simple life situations were well beyond his years, which made him always the best for advice.

It wasn't that I was in love with him or anything. He was my best friend and just because we had known eachother for most of our lives, a year has done more than I'm comfortable with in distancing us. He was becoming more the pop sensations Quincy was pushing him to be and I was becoming more and more independent by myself. Though, there's this one thing I can't help but think of and that's because of his singles he has actually released. I can't help but think they sound like they're about me. I know it's far fetched and I'm probably being stupid but everything in those singles match what we talked about and where we went and life situations in general. As much as I try to ignore it and overlook it, he's everywhere I look, every part of town is broadcasted as the home of Tanner Wilde. Girls visit this place like a tourist attraction and anyone that knows him personally is pounded with questions. His old house is visited almost every day and it definitely gets annoying when someone recognizes me as the girl Tanner use to spend all his time with. And that I'm "that girl that's in all those pictures with him" for half his life. I don't like to be connected into his life by any measure, I'm sure he doesn't like hearing of me either. I'm just a side piece in his old life and he's more than I'd like in my own. But I don't have any say in that, so I just go on living and answering girls' excessive questions as I go to the grocery store and try to ignore my name brand instead of just Taylor.

A/N
Hi guys! This is going to be my new Taylor Swift fanfic called Try Me. (this is not going to be the same Tanner from the Fallout btw) I hope y'all like it, I'm excited for it because its another one where Taylor isn't the one famous. So, yeah, thanks for reading and I hope you like it:)