With You

By the time Tanner and I make it to Ms. Mary's shop and the familiar bell chimes at our entry, Ed is walking out from the back, wiping his hands on a dishrag.
A slow grin spreads across his face and he makes his way around the counter.
"I heard you were back," Ed pulls me to his chest, giving one of his most signature hugs. I've missed his hugs, I've missed Ed, in general, and I've had separation anxiety from not seeing him in so long.
"I've missed you so much, buddy. How are you? How have you been?" I say, swaying him quickly in the hug before letting him slowly slip out and step back to talk.
"I'm good, nothing new. What about you?" He says, hands set out in front of him. The sleeves of his jacket are covering most of his hands, as he usually does, an old habit he has kept ever since middle school. "Tanner." He sticks his hand out towards him.
"Nice to see you again, man," Tanner says, accepting his handshake, a big grin on his lips.
"You too. You know, I honestly thought Taylor was stupid that night she called me saying that she kissed you and that she actually has feelings for you. But, you've taken good care of her, mate, and I appreciate that."
"Of course, it has no comparison to what you did when I ran off without a word, though. That was a tough year, I know, and I became such a douche, but thank you for being there for her, she needed someone to lean on, so thanks for being there when i couldn't," Tanner responds, pulling me closer to his body by my waist though his eyes stay fixed calmly on Ed.
"Definitely," Ed says, then nods a couple times. "Hey, tell you what. We can all go out to dinner tonight, Rascal's, on me. Just like old times, huh?"
"I'm in," I look between them. These are my favorite people in the world, it means so much that they actually are getting along and that Tanner hasn't burst into a fit of rage and punched him yet like he did to Tyler.
"Sounds good to me,"

The next few days go by in a state of bliss. Ed, Tanner, and I hanging out almost every day, me getting up early on my own to go take pictures, and Tanner either joining me when he woke up or me coming back to wake him up with a kiss. Ed was getting back to where he was with Tanner, and he and I have been catching up as much as we can. Talking on the phone most nights still cant express everything that happens like talking in real life can. He's got a girlfriend of his own now, and plans to go to Vanderbilt for schooling.
As for Tanner and I...we haven't been better. We go to the field in the morning and after dinner, sometimes just when we're bored, which is most of the time. The stars are almost always visible when the sky darkens, and that makes me so happy because Tanner always talks more when the stars are out. He talks about life and love and still compares me to the stars at times. It's stupid to say but it's just nice to hear him talk, and when we're just lying on the grass facing each other, talking, it's my favorite place in the world.
As of right now, we're in my room, Tanner picking through my old records while I sit on my bed watching him. It got kind of late sitting in the field, but we still didn't feel like going to bed. Tanner would stay up way later than me because he had taken the floor. It wasn't that there wasn't enough room on my bed, it was just that my parents wouldn't exactly welcome the idea if they happened in my room to find me in the same bed with Tanner. So, Tanner would keep talking to me, asking me questions from the side of my bed where he has a little setup of an air mattress, pillows, and a couple blankets. He kept asking them until I ended up just humming as an answer, or soon after as I'd be completely asleep.
"Come dance with me," Tanner says, turning back to me and holding out his hand.
"There's not even music," I say, slumping, even though i look up at him. He raises his eyebrows and I give him my hand lazily, allowing him to pull me up.
"Does there have to be music?" He says. His hand touches my waist gently, but with enough confidence that I barely notice it, and I wrap my arms around neck.
He starts humming, almost every note connecting to the next. We move slowly, turning naturally to the sound of Tanner's murmuring. He picks it up a bit, bringing the beat faster as he begins to turn me in a circle quickly, causing both of us to laugh. He seems so open tonight, so much like he was when he was just a regular, cheesy teenager that happened to be my best friend. Now is not much different, but now my best friend is my boyfriend and he happens to be famous, but that doesn't have to be a thing here. I can forget about that because we're home, we're back where all this started, and that's all that matters right now.
Tanner dips me down by the small of my back, his lips hovering over mine with a lingering grin. His eyes look mesmerizing even in the darkened light, and I can simply tell how hard I'm falling for him. Everything about him has just resulted in giving me butterflies and it's not just a one time thing, it's consistent. It happens every day, every second he smiles or let alone looks at me, and that just makes it so much more special. Without a word, he leans down the extra inch, his strong grip holding me up by my waist, and allows his parted lips to meet mine.
After a moment, he swings me up, turning me and lowering me against the wall, our lips barely breaking between gasps of air between our kisses.
"You know," Tanner says, slowing to breathe against my ear. "I remember you specifically saying that the less moments you spend pressed against a wall with me the better."
I laugh, trying to cover up my sigh that initially came as he kissed the spot right at my ear he always seems to target. "Depends on the situation."
"Mm?" He murmurs, kissing at my jawbone.
"Yeah, last time you were threatening me,"
"And now?"
"Um, i mean, we're kissing." I laugh softly.
"So you're saying you're all up for being pressed up along a wall as long as you're not being threatened," I'm pretty sure he's just talking just to keep me preoccupied as if i don't feel his lips at my neck.
"That'd-" I swallow, my throat suddenly going dry. "That's about right."
"Alright." He turns me quickly, hands stretched out in a tango form, and struts forward seriously, although I'm already laughing into his chest. "Good to know."