Discretion

We swim for a few more hours, playing around, sipping on lemonade his chef brought us. I end up just talking to him, trying to float on my back while Tanner holds my feet to his chest.

He pulls me closer to him, brushing my dried out hair from my face and smiling. I watch his eyes twitch from my eyes to my lips, and I know he means to kiss me. And I also know I need to resist this time and talk to him. So when he leans down, I turn my face so he kisses my cheek instead.

"What?" He asks, his hand coaxing down my waist under the chest deep water.

This needs to be said, I can't let the relationship go any further with him still dating and having relations with another girl. It's just not right, and honestly, I doubt anyone could feel comfortable about this.

"Do you have feelings for Monica?" I blurt out, watching as the confusion blankets his face.

"What? Why would you ask that?"

"Maybe because you're dating her and, apparently, me, since we keep kissing. What do you expect me to think?"

"I expect you to understand that I'm doing this for Quincy, it's good for my image," he says.

"Is sleeping with her in the contract? Is kissing her when there's no press around? Is cheating on her there, too?" I say, suddenly disgusted at what I had done. I'd partaked in helping him cheat, and that's not much better. I was kissing a taken man willingly and if I was in Monica's position, rather it was publicity or not, I wouldn't be too fond of the situation.

"Taylor-"

"No, don't talk to me until you've made your mind," I rant. "Quincy shouldn't be able to tell you who to date, Tanner. But what it looks like is you feel something for her, and if that's true, that's fine, but tell me first so I don't assume you're just using her for sex."

"You know, I would've thought you'd know me better than that,"

"I thought I did." I shake my head once and hurry out of the pool, grabbing my bag and towel from a lounge chair. "Let me know if you find out what you really want with your life."

"Yeah, we'll see," He says sarcastically, rolling his eyes. He smacks the water in front of him, obviously trying to splash me without success, and it lands a few feet from me.

"Screw you!" I shout, marching out of the backyard and through his house, barely making a glance at Monica coming in. She says hello but I just shake my head, and slide past her. She can have him, I really don't give a crap anymore. I thought I knew him but if all he wants is the Hollywood life, he can have it. I already have enough for my article anyway and I hope he knows I have no regard to make him sound any better or worse than I got to know.

••This chapter and the next will be quick chapters. Two tonight:)