For Now and Ever

I get the call 2 days after Tanner and I's night of music-less dancing. Tanner had already said he was taking me to LA again whether I get the job or not, but this meant something to me. I can't explain it, but it meant the world to me to just have this one thing i did on my own work out. And it happened, I got the call, and they said I got it.

So, here I am, sitting on Tanner's couch in Los Angeles, the distant sound of the tv creating a backdrop to my writing. Apparently, the article I wrote, 'Wilde Ride', which they had changed the name to instead of my original, 'Critically Acclaimed'. Anyway, it took off and got amazing feedback, and I was recently emailed by the editor asking for a quick survey for something she didn't say. So that's what I'm doing, constantly being distracted by Tanner who is trying hard to just that.

As for us.. we're good, we're really good. He's back to himself, no more true aggression, I've been trying to coax him out of that phase, and no more of his attitude. He actually thanks people now and treats them like he'd treat me. Which led to more protective attitudes that we had to work on but when he did get protective, it was usually on the subject of Tyler, as it always seems to be. I've remained acquaintances with him, as far as I could go without calling it friends because Tyler couldn't be simply be friends with me. But Tanner wouldn't let me get too close to him even if I wanted to, Tanner always got tense when i told him i saw Tyler that day. He'd get mad and start questioning which led to him yelling and then me trying to calm him down and it usually resulting in us kissing for a good while. But in the end, we were good, and I was happy about that.

"How does this sound? 'I became very invested in the matters of what he did, what he said, who he had became since I had last seen him. He became intoxicating.'" I repeat out loud to Tanner, who sits propped up against a pillow, his feet lying across my lap. He raises his eyebrows, slowly leaving his gaze on the tv to look at me.

"That sounds great. Do you really think I'm intoxicating?"

I feel a blush creep across my cheeks. "Mhm. But don't get too cocky, I'm also telling how difficult you were at first."

"Ah, you liked a challenge," He murmurs as he sits up and tackles me onto my side of the couch, his lips burying myself in my neck.

"Shut up," I giggle, attempting to grab hold of his face in my hands to meet my eyes. Finally, it happens and i can't help but have a moment to observe him before our lips meet. And in that moment I find a lifetime of unanswered questions hidden in his eyes, but one is answered already, and I can't help but smile because I know that answer, and I kiss him just as I let the words leave my mouth.

"I love you," and thats how I know that i love him too.

••A/N

Guys thank you so much for reading this, it's been so great, i cannot believe its over. Thank you so so much, love y'all, hope to see y'all reading Affinity