Truly Yours

"Okay, but I need to know if youre ready for this," I say, walking backwards through my door. Tanner follows close behind, grinning like a fool. He's excited, i can see it in his eyes, but i don't know what he expects but whatever it is, he better not get his hopes up because he's getting a lamp. A cute lamp, but its a lamp.

"Mhm, surprise me," He says, leaning back against the end of the bed where a post curves up along the end. I dig into the large bag in the corner that, to me, seems way bigger than it should to accommodate such a lamp. Even though the lamp is heavy, i hadn't expected it to be this heavy, and when i go to pull it up, it barely lifts. I stand, sigh for a second, and look back at a clearly amused Tanner. His arms are crossed over one another and he grins with only one corner lifting up.

"That heavy, huh?"

I roll my eyes and glare back at the lamp that lies inside, tauntingly, with its little wooden design that screams Tanner, if a lamp could be designated to personify screaming something.

"Let me get it," He says and i feel hands at my waist, his chin pushing into the crook in my neck from behind me. First off, no, that ruins the surprise, and second off, I'm competitive, i need to do this or I'll be trying to lift it all day.

"No," I drag out, laughing a little bit. "You cant, its your present."

"And i'll love it all the same."

"I got this," I move his hands from my waist and gently turn around, looking up and pecking him on the lips. "But thank you."

It takes a good 5 minutes, but i finally manage to get it onto the counter with one less heave, and i quickly spin to see his reaction. He smirks slightly, both eyebrows arched widely across his forehead.

"A lamp?"

"Mhm." I grin. "A cute lamp."

"Mhm," He nods assuringly. "You know what else is cute?" He doesn't wait for an answer before he continues, "You."

"Oh yeah?" I say, advancing towards him, my hands crossed over my chest. "But i was talking about the lamp."

"It is cute. And i love it," He pushes off from his leaning position against the bed to approach me. His hands gently push to my hips and back me into the wall next to the closet, his breathing evident through parted lips. "And i love you."

His lips touch mine and immediately its like fire and ice, his lips overtaking mine and firing over mine almost immediately. It's almost like something different, like we haven't kissed like this before. It hasn't been this intimate and haunting and interesting in forever, and if I'm honest, its never been this way. It hasn't been this heated, his hands had always stayed around my waist instead of slipping lower, and my hands always kept to his neck instead of traveling messily through his hair and down his chest where my fingers absently fumble with his shirt buttons. This hasn't happened before, it hasn't felt like this before.

My hand goes to his shoulder as soon as i fumble off the last button and i help him push off his shirt, our lips barely moving from each others as he throws it off and approaches once more. Caught up, I back up, smiling as I'm knocked against the opposing wall this time.

I almost forgot how great he looks shirtless, how built and diverse he is. How his body curves and moves and tightens at every motion and how every motion shows off a new aspect to him. He's so interesting, it just makes me so infatuated with him and it wipes away every other thought than him.

"Tanner," I laugh against his ear as he kisses at my neck, our bodies pressed skin for skin. "This-" I swallow. "This is crazy."

His lips skim across my jawbone and rests right below my lips. "How much more crazy than telling your boyfriend you have a surprise and then giving him a lamp."

I peck his lips softly. "You're cute."

His lips are back on mine within a moment and he's carrying me across to the bed, our lips never breaking until i hit the bedding. And even then, its briefly, and only happens when we're preoccupied. Which happens more than a few times.

••A/N

Okay i just cut that off there but anything, sorry about late updates guys I'm struggling