𝐕. TROUBLE AND FLYING

CHAPTER FIVETROUBLE AND FLYING

CHAPTER FIVE
TROUBLE AND FLYING

§ § §

     Harry, Ron, and I had all went down to Hagrid's two days ago. I had managed to forget about the Gringotts break in a little, but I still wanted to know more about it. Draco keeps trying to talk to me but I'm still ignoring him. I haven't been able to hang out with the Harry, Ron, or Hermione because of classes and homework, but I've greeted them in the halls. Today was our first flying lesson, and it was with the Gryffindors. I was excited to see my friends, and excited to fly. Fred and George had taught me how to back home, but I was happy to be learning how to from a real teacher. 

     "Giovanna wait up!" I stopped walking as Draco ran up next to me. I rolled my eyes and kept walking, but so did he. "Look, Giovanna. I really am.... I'm..." He looked as though he was struggling. I stopped walking and smirked. "I'mreallysorry." He said quickly. I decided to embarrass him further, he was already turning red, and he deserved it. 

     "What was that? I couldn't understand you." I held a hand up to my ear mockingly. 

     Draco glared at me and my smirk. "I said that I am sorry. You won't believe me but I actually did try to become friends with you because I actually want to be your friend, not because my father said so. I swear on... your life!" He cried. Well he was either telling the truth, or he really wanted me dead. I held out my hand.

     "I believe you." I decided. "Friends?" Draco grinned and took my hand.

     "Friends." He nodded. I grinned back.

     "Giovanna?" I pulled my hand from Draco's quickly as Harry, Ron, and Hermione approached me. It was Ron that was speaking. "You okay?" He asked me, glaring at Draco. "Leave her alone, Malfoy." Ron spat. I groaned.

     "I can fend for myself, Ron." I mumbled, and grabbed Hermione's wrist, pulling her as we started walking towards the Quidditch field, leaving the three boys behind me. "Bloody hell, I know Ron's like my brother and all but he doesn't need to be that protective." I huffed, rolling my eyes and complaining to Hermione.

     "Giovanna, I think he's just trying to look out for you." Hermione said slowly.

     "Huh?" I grunted.

     "I mean, he's like your brother, and him and Harry don't like Malfoy very much. he was probably just worried when he saw you two holding hands. Why were you holding hands, by the way?" Hermione asked.

     I shook my head and sighed, then answered her question. "We weren't holding hands, we were shaking hands. I was mad at Draco, and I just agreed to be his friend again." I told Hermione briefly. 

     "Okay. Be careful with Malfoy, he's really a true Slytherin, all the way." Hermione told me as we separated so she stood on the Gryffindor side of the field, and I stood in between Pansy and Draco on the Slytherin side. There were twenty broomsticks lied neatly in a line on the grass. I had heard Fred and George complain about the school brooms, saying that they were too slow, and they always flew slightly to the left.