𝐗𝐈. TROLL IN THE DUNGEON

CHAPTER ELEVENTROLL IN THE DUNGEON

CHAPTER ELEVEN
TROLL IN THE DUNGEON

§ § §

     I hadn't realized that I had been at Hogwarts for almost three months until it was Halloween night. The halls were decorated, as well as the Great Hall, which looked amazing. I was also somewhat happy because I got to miss my first two classes because I had to meet with Dumbledore from the letter he sent me. I was paying Draco five galleons for him to do my homework from the first two classes. I was upset that I was missing Charms, though, because we were learning a levitating charm. Hermione said she'll teach me it, though. 

     I passed the Charms classroom and looked through the window on the door. Draco looked up and saw me, smiling widely and waving. I smiled and waved back, then kept on my way to Dumbledore's office. I was kind of nervous, and I was really hoping I wasn't expelled or something. I walked up to the eagle that I knew hid the staircase. "Lemon drop." I said, and the eagle turned to reveal the staircase. I slowly climbed up into the office and saw Dumbledore sitting at the chair at his desk. 

     "Miss Potter. Nice change, it's normally your brother that's always in here." Dumbledore smiled at me. I tilted my head slightly in confusion. Why was Harry always here? "Anyways, Giovanna, you and I both know you're here to talk about what happened in Defense Against the Dark Arts class." 

     "I didn't mean to upset him. His stuttering just threw me off so much and I was practically falling asleep! Professor, you don't understand, that's my favorite class and I'm most interested in learning defense and fighting spells, and he's just ruining it for me!" I cried. Part of it was excuses, the other part was truth. 

      "You sound exactly like your father." Dumbledore said, and I grinned slightly. The last time someone mentioned my father was to say he was in Gryffindor, so it was nice hearing that I was like him. And I've heard he was always the charm... and the trickster... and the one who broke the rules... 

     "Professor, what are you going to do with me?" I asked nervously. "Are you going to expel me?"

     "Why, Giovanna, that would be such a waste to lose a witch like you that has a bright future. No, I am not going to expel you. My other option earlier was to have another teacher, perhaps Professor McGonagall, to have private Defense Against the Dark Arts lessons with you. But then I decided that I would talk to Professor Quirrell and tell him to perhaps... write more and talk less." Dumbledore told me. I grinned and nodded.

     "Okay. May I go back to my classes now?" I asked him. He hesitated, looking as though he wanted to say something, but just simply nodded. I turned on my heel and left the office, heading to my class. Charms had ended and I saw a group of Gryffindor boys leave in a hurry. The group contained Harry, Ron, Neville, Seamus, and Dean. I hurried up and walked behind them, just able to hear what Ron was saying. I was still mad at him, and he was still mad at me.