𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. THE WINTER BALL

CHAPTER SEVENTEENTHE WINTER BALL

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
THE WINTER BALL

§ § §

     I woke up in the middle of the night. I couldn't fall asleep. Not in this huge, dark, cold room. I didn't feel comfortable. So I quickly slipped out of my room and into the hallway. I quietly opened Draco's door, going to wake him, but then I saw him sleeping peacefully. I smiled slightly. He was really adorable, with his blonde hair not slicked back like it is at school, but instead, a tangled mess covering his forehead. I slowly closed his door and let him sleep. 

     I navigated my way through the mansion, down the stairs, and into the kitchen to get something to eat. I walked in to see the house elf - Dobby - I think his name was. He jumped in fright when he saw me. "Dobby is so sorry. Dobby should not be sneaking around this late." Dobby said, frightened. 

     "Woah, woah! I'm not going to hurt you. Or tell on you." I told the elf. He let out a relieved sigh. I bent down on my knees so I was his height, and held out my hand. "I'm Giovanna Potter, pleasure to meet you." Dobby smiled and shook my hand. 

     "Nice to meet you, Master Giovanna-"

     "Oh, I'm just Giovanna-"

     "I'm Dobby."

     I frowned slightly. "Dobby... how much do you know about Draco?"

     "As much as you want to know." He answered.

     "Is Draco a good person? Truly?" I asked the house elf.

     Dobby smiled sadly. "Yes, Master Giovanna. Dobby believes Master Draco is a good person at heart. It's just his father, Master Lucius..." Dobby trailed off.

     "What, Dobby?" I asked, concerned. 

     "Dobby should not talk bad about his masters."

     "I won't tell. Promise." I told him. He nodded, and continued.

     "Master Lucius puts these awful things into Master Draco's head. Nasty things like 'purebloods are superior'. Master Draco is a kind and caring boy, beneath the horrible things Master Lucius raises him to do and say." Dobby explained.

     "And, one last thing. Does Draco talk about me?" I asked.

     Dobby smiled knowingly. Knowing what?! I was so confused. "Yes, all the time. He always says how brave you are, and how you don't care what people say about you. In his letters, he also says that he wants to spend his whole life with you, and he'd never forgive himself if something happened to you."

     I smiled. "I feel so horrible, Dobby. I just don't feel the same towards him. Of course I love him, he's my best friend. But nothing more than that."

     Dobby nodded. "Master Draco knows this. That's why in his letters he also says that it's just a silly schoolboy crush, and by next year he'll be over it."