𝐗𝐈𝐕. CHRISTMAS

CHAPTER FOURTEENCHRISTMAS

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHRISTMAS

§ § §

     I woke up excitedly on Christmas morning. I changed into black jeans and a long sleeved Slytherin shirt. I also put on my black combat boots, slid my wand into my back pocket, and hurried down into the common room. I wasn't going back to the Weasley's with Fred, George, and Percy, because I was staying with Harry and Ron. Hermione was going back home for the holidays. I was staying because of two reasons, I wanted to help the two find more information on Nicholas Flamel and investigate more, and because I wanted to spend my first Christmas knowing my brother, with my brother. 

     "Potter!" A voice called, and I grinned at Zabini, who came over to me. "Sad to say I'm leaving for home now. Train's going in an hour." He opened his arms, and I hugged him. "Have a very merry Christmas, Giovanna."

     "You too, Zabini." I smirked at the boy who then left the common room after saying goodbye to Draco, the goons, and Pansy. I walked over to them after Zabini left. "Are you guys all leaving for the holidays too?" I asked, kind of sad to see Draco's packed trunk. Not because I would miss him, but because then I would have no one to make fun of. 

     "Yeah." Draco nodded. "Actually, I wanted to give you this." Draco reached into a pocket on his cloak and pulled out an envelope, then handed it to me. I saw Pansy sneer at me and roll her eyes. I tilted my head in confusion as I took the envelope and opened it, taking out the letter. Well, the invitation. 

     "You are cordially invited to the Malfoy Manor for their annual Christmas Ball." I read aloud, smirking. "Let me guess; Harry didn't get this?" I raised my eyebrows at the blonde, and looked at the paper again. December twenty-seventh. I could make it. "I'll think about it Snake Boy. Have a nice holiday!" I told the boy, and turned to head back towards my dorm. 

     "Serpent Girl! Are you going to come?" Draco called after me.

     "Guess you'll have to wait and see." I smirked back, then slipped away into the girl's locker room. I took out a blank piece of paper, a quill, and ink. I began to write.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Weasley,

        I've been invited to the Malfoy's Christmas Ball on the twenty-seventh. Now I know I said I wouldn't be coming home for the holidays, but I think it would be a good idea for me to go. I could potentially that find out information for Mr. Weasley about the Ministry, since Draco Malfoy trusts me. I think. I won't go if you don't want me to, though. I just wanted to make sure it was okay with you both. Either way, have a merry Christmas, and I'll see you at the end of the year. Besides my letters, of course.

Yours truly, 
Giovanna Potter

     I sealed my letter in an envelope and left the dorm to go to the owlery so Ivory could deliver it to the Weasley's. When I entered the common room for the second time that morning, I saw Eli Jones, my closest friend on the quidditch team. I ran over to him and hugged him. He was kind of like the fun older brother. The Fred and George of Slytherin.