𝐗. QUIDDITCH PRACTICE

CHAPTER TENQUIDDITCH PRACTICE

CHAPTER TEN
QUIDDITCH PRACTICE

§ § §

     I left my last class and hurried to the Slytherin dorms to get some of my homework done before detention. I was able to finish Potions and Herbology before one of the Slytherin prefects came to get me, telling me it was time to go to Quirrell.

     I trudged to the Professor's office. I really didn't have anyone to blame but myself, though. Suddenly an idea come to me. I really didn't want to be alone with Quirrell, he creeped me out. I turned on my heel and headed the other way to the Potions classroom. Professor Snape didn't like Harry very much, but he'd never had that much of a problem with me. I knocked on the door and he answered.

     "Miss Potter," He drawled out with his monotone voice. "May I help you?"

     "Professor Quirrell wants me to serve a detention for simply speaking my mind, which is what everyone preaches you should do. And if I go, I'll miss my first quidditch practice, and then Slytherin will lose!" I lied. Professor Snape looked at me, in thought.

     "Fine. I will tell Professor Quirrell to cancel your detention. I've been meaning to... talk to him anyways." Snape said slowly. I thanked him then headed to the Slytherin dorms. Professor Snape has been meaning to talk to Quirrell? What's that about? I shook my head to clear my thoughts as I quickly grabbed my Nimbus 2000.

     I left the school and headed down to the quidditch field. I stared at the three big circular goals and grinned. This was real, I was actually on a quidditch team. This has always been my dream. When I'm older I want to be a professional quidditch player. I hurried over to Marcus Flint, the captain.

     "Alright Potter, you better be a good player. I may not like McGonagall, but when it's about quidditch, she knows what she's talking about." Flint told me, handing me a bag. I looked inside it and saw a sleek forest green Slytherin quidditch uniform. I smiled and looked up at him.

     "I won't let you down." I nodded firmly, then went into the girl's locker room to change. I was the only girl on the team, but it didn't really bother me that much. I mean, I grew up with the Weasley's. I looked in the mirror happily and saw my uniform. I loved it! I left the locker room.

     "You know how to play?" Flint asked me.

     "Yeah. And I've flown to. But never actually played." I told him. He nodded.

     "Alright. Well right know we're going to play a fake game. First we'll do our introductions. I'm Flint, the Keeper of this team." Flint told me.

     "I'm Adams, a Chaser."
     "I'm Kamp, a Chaser."
     "I'm Smith, a Chaser."
     "I'm Jones, a Beater."
     "I'm Martine, a Beater."
     "I'm Giovanna- er- Potter. A seeker." I told them. They all raised their eyebrows and started murmuring to each other. "A Potter, I know I know," I exclaimed. They grinned.

      "Alright. Adams, go be Keeper over on that side, Smith you're the Chaser on my team, Kamp you're on the other team. And I'll take Jones as a Beater. And Potter, just try to get the snitch." Flint explained as people flew off to their positions. I nodded, and flew up so I was above everyone else. I saw Flint unlock the box with the balls, and the snitch and bludgers flew out. Flint grabbed the quaffle and the fake game began.

     I wasn't really paying attention to anything happening under me, I was just scanning the empty field and stadiums for the golden snitch. "Potter! Look alive!" A voice cried. I glanced over and saw a bludger coming my way. Jones, the Beater, came over to wack it away from me, but I quickly dove out of the way. Jones grinned at me. I saw the snitch a few feet away from him and flew forward, snatching it out of the air. I heard Flint cheer and I flew down, landing lightly on the ground.

     "Swift, Potter, swift." Flint high-fived me. Jones landed next to me.

     "Thanks for saving me." I thanked him.

     "Not that you needed it. Sick moves," he grinned. "I'm Eli, by the way. Flint just likes to go by last names. He thinks it's easier." Eli shrugged.

     "Nice to meet you, Eli. I'm Giovanna. What year are you in?" I asked him.

     "Fourth. I'm aiming to be a prefect next year." He told me, and I nodded knowingly. I would love to be a prefect. Bloody hell, I'd love to be Head Girl! Flint called us over.

     "Alright guys, that was good. Potter, you're our new star player. The whole crowd, and me, are going to expect you to be the best on the field next weekend. It's our first game then, so everyone better start preparing. We'll have another practice on Sunday. Good night!" Flint told us.

     "Good night!" We all called back, and dispersed to the locker rooms to change out of our uniforms.

     I entered the common room to be bombarded by Draco, Zabini, Pansy, and the goons - I mean - Crabbe and Goyle. They're always kind of just there, they never actually talk. "Giovanna, did you really get out of detention? And how did your practice go? We could see some of the field from the window, but not the whole thing." Draco asked quickly. I stumbled back. "Sorry." He turned red. I smirked. 

     "Yes, I did, and practice was amazing. I can't wait for you all to see me play." I told them happily. I slipped away from them and hurried off to my dorm, needing some peace and quiet. I sighed and shut the door as I entered the room. I heard a tapping at looked at the window where Ivory was. I quickly opened the window and Ivory flew in, perching on my shoulder. She was holding a note in her beak. I took it and read it. 

Dear Miss Potter,

          I have heard about the trouble going on between you and Professor Quirrell. I feel as though we need to discuss matters about that class and him and decide on a few things. Come to my office Sunday before the quidditch match. Good luck on that, by the way.

Yours truly,
Professor Dumbledore

     I sighed and folded the letter back up. I just really hoped I wasn't getting expelled or anything like that. I'm barely a witch! 

     After changing into my nightclothes I fell back on to my bed, and as soon as my head hit the pillow, after this long day, I was out like a light.