Pre-Calculus at 7:30 in the Morning

** Hey guys so this is my first story on Wattpad. I want to make something clear; this is NOT an Ed Sheeran fanfic. This is a story inspired off the song Moments that he wrote for One Direction (you can look up the interpretation if you want to..) and this is a work of FICTION about the meaning behind the song. Ed does make an appearence but I changed a few things about him (age , when he started his career,etc) so he would fit in the story better :) Please leave any feedback in the comments section! I hope you guys enjoy!! :):):):):)

Chapter 1:

Beckinsile's Point of View

I take a deep breath and stare in the mirror. It's the first day of my junior year and to say I'm nervous is the understatement of the century. My name is Beckinsile. Before you go make fun of my name, it was my mom's maiden name and it's tradition in my family for daughters to be given a family name. For example, my mom's name is Marie which was my grandmother's maiden name. At least she got a normal name. I'm stuck with Beckinsile. I may be relatively popular but that doesn't stop the whispers from swirling. "Who would name their kid that?" "What kind of name is Beckinsile?" were among my classmates' favorites. I try to ignore them but sometimes their words and constant stares every time the teacher calls my name get to me. I have a few friends and I never try to be "in" with the popular crowd. They've never appealed to me. Also, they're the ones who make fun of my name for sport, so let's just say we're never on great terms.

I'm average height and thin. I have long brown curls and bright green eyes. I have an olive skin tone thanks to Italian ancestry on my dad's side of the family and slender hands similar to my mom's side of the family. Today I've styled my hair in a long braid and put on the new outfit my mom had dragged me around the mall for hours to find. It's a pair of gray jeans and a floral print top. I've paired it with brown ankle boots and my favorite necklace. It was a necklace my mom had given me for Christmas when I was small and it has made a home on my neck since then. It's a little silver fairy that is holding a red flower. The flower represents my birthstone; the garnet.

"Becky, come down for breakfast!" I hear my mother's shrill voice calling from the kitchen.

I take another deep breath and check my reflection once more before racing down the stairs. I slide carefully into the kitchen and kiss my mom on the cheek. She has set out some toast and tea for me while my brothers or the animals as I so loving call them, chow down on pancakes and eggs. Gabriel is seventeen years old but doesn't act a day over five. He's my fraternal twin genetically but my polar opposite in reality. We have the same green eyes and brown hair but that's where the similarities stop. He's known as the "bad boy" around school. He always gets in trouble and never does any work but has still managed to survive until junior year. Most teachers don't even believe we're related. I do all my work and the only reason I get sent to the principal's office is to get rewarded. He makes fun of me for being a goody-two shoes but I like it that way. There will be plenty of time for me to screw up after I graduate university. My other brother is Nate. He just turned fourteen and has already decided to follow in Gabriel's footsteps. I feel bad for that kid but there's nothing my parents or I can do to stop him; Nate worships the ground Gabe walks on. He could've picked Gandhi or Rosa Parks but no, he had to pick Gabe. Nate wears dark wash jeans, leather jackets and acts as if he doesn't have a care in the world. I've even heard him curse a little around the house. "Thanks a lot Gabe," I think every time Nate walks by me with a smirk. I keep praying for the day Nate realizes that trying to be Gabe will get him nowhere in life. I just hope he realizes it before he ends up working at McDonald's.

I sit down and turn my nose up at the boys and their sloppy eating habits. "Would it have been too much to ask that I be one of three girls?" I think to myself as I take a bite of toast. It's still warm like mom just took it out of the toaster. I take a small sip of tea. It burns my throat on the way down but in the best way possible.