Boring Punk Band That Gets Killed By Jewelry

Chapter 37:

Beckinsile's Point of View

It's late March now. Oliver and I have been trading off taking care of Jasper for almost two months. Jasper's gotten a little bigger but not by much thankfully. I like him being little; he's loads of fun to cuddle with. He sits on my lap while I'm doing my homework, while I'm watching TV and even while I'm sleeping.

This week's my week to have Jasper at my house but Oliver can't bear to part with him so soon so now all of us are hanging out on my couch. I stroke Jasper softly while Oliver surfs through the TV channels trying to find something to watch.

"There's nothing on," Oliver groans.

Jasper is startled awake by Oliver's sudden outburst which earns Oliver a pointed look from me.

"Sorry," He rubs Jasper behind the ears until he falls back asleep. "Becks, we should do something tonight..." Oliver whispers.

"What would you like to do?" I gently pet Jasper's head and look into Oliver's eyes.

"Eli said he was having a little get together at his place; we could go over there..." Oliver's eyes wander over to the now muted TV.

"In my experience when a guy says that he's having a 'little' get together it means half the school is going to show up..." I smirk as Oliver's gaze turns back to me.

"Eli hates huge parties unless they happen at his concerts; he'd never host a high school party, but that's mostly because he despises practically everyone at school..." Oliver smiles to himself and waits for my answer.

"I guess but we need to make sure Jasper is okay... My mom said that she wouldn't be able to take care of him..."

"We can take him back over to my place and pick him up before I drive you home. My mom's going to be staying in all night reading over something for work and she'd probably enjoy some company..."

"Okay..." I gently stand up so as not to wake Jasper and walk over to his carrying case.

I slip him and a few of his toys inside. We'd fed him earlier so there's no need to pack up his food. Oliver picks up the case and begins to walk towards the door. I grab my phone and a house key before stepping over the threshold.

By the time I'm out the door Oliver is already putting Jasper in the backseat. I chuckle to myself and slip into shotgun. Oliver puts the key in the ignition and drives the now familiar route to his house.

~~~~~

"Mom, I brought you some company..." Oliver hollers the minute we walk through his front door.

"I'm in the living room, Sweetheart." Marsha calls.

I follow Oliver down a hallway to his enormous living room. She is seated comfortably in an oversized armchair. Marsha sips from a mug while she types away on her computer. She sets her mug on the side table and removes her wire-rimmed glasses from her face.

"Beckinsile," She stands up and wraps me in a hug. "It's so good to see you, Sweetheart."

"It's good to see you too, Mrs. Marshall." I smile as she lets go.

"What can I do for you two?"

"We're going out tonight and we need somebody to watch Jasper..." Oliver says with a little uncertainty as if he expected his mother to say no.

"I'd love to watch that little fur ball..." His mom squeals as Oliver pulls Jasper out of his case.

Jasper is still asleep as Oliver hands him over to his excited mother. She strokes his head gently and sets him on the armrest of her chair.