Scarlet In The Hall With The Rope

Chapter 24:

Beckinsile's Point of View

"Another week gone by," Oliver says into the phone one Friday evening a couple of weeks before Halloween.

I'm seated on my bed talking to Oliver as I've done every night before now. I've disregarded my weekend homework in favor of TV and conversations with Oliver. I get up from my bed and walk down to the living room. Gabe is at a party and Nate is at hockey practice so I have the house to myself until my parents get home from work.

"I know; school is just flying by," I say with a laugh as I sit down on the cozy couch.

"I wish it'd just be Halloween already; do you have any Halloween plans yet?" Oliver asks.

"No, the usual most likely; watch horror movies, hand out candy and terrorize the neighborhood children." I say with an easy laugh.

"Would you like to swap those plans, as awesome as they sound, for a Halloween party with me? My friend Brad's hosting a party and says I'm welcome to bring a guest..." Oliver's voice trails off as he waits for my response.

"I guess I'll ditch the comfy couch and huge bowl of candy for your party Oliver but it won't be easy breaking up with my couch..."

"I know but just tell it to be strong; I know it can get through this no matter how hard it seems in the moment..." I can hear Oliver howling with laughter.

"The couch doesn't find it that funny," I pout but even I can't keep this act up.

"Hey, do you know what you're going to be?" Oliver asks in a more serious tone.

"No, do you have any ideas?"

"Well, I've always been a fan of the Victoria Secret Angels but that's much too conservative for you..." Oliver says thoughtfully.

"You dirty minded little boy; your mama needs to take you to church ASAP..." I can't contain my laughter and soon enough both of us are laughing until we literally can't anymore.

"I'm sure anything you come up with will look amazing on you..." Oliver says sweetly.

"Aw thanks, Olly Pop." I can feel myself blush a little even though he can't see me.

"What do you think I should be?" Oliver says after a slight pause.

"Tarzan, king of the jungle..." I say with enthusiasm.

"Oh and I'm the dirty minded person; Tarzan wear like one piece of cloth and calls it clothing." Oliver scoffs in a mock disgusted way.

"Aw, is somebody self-conscious? Need I remind you that you're the one who asked me to be a Victoria Secret Angel...?"

"I didn't straight up ask; it was more of an implied thing..." Oliver has a smirk evident in his tone.

"How charming; your mother would be so proud..."

"Thank you," Oliver chuckles.

"Oliver, we should do something tonight..."

"Well, what do you want to do?"

"You could come over to my house; we could order pizza and play board games..." My voice trails off as Oliver begins to respond.

"Do you have Clue?"

"Yes,"

"Good; I'll be over in ten; you should invite Ed and Fiona too. Board games are more fun with friends; bye, Becks..." After Oliver hangs up, I immediately dial Ed's number and then press "add call" so I can talk to both Ed and Fi at the same time.