One Step At a Time

**Votes and Comments are much appreciated

Chapter 39:

Beckinsile's Point of View

Oliver holds my door open like a gentleman and I slide in. I buckle my seatbelt carefully around my dress and tap my feet slightly as he slips into the driver's seat.

"Did you have a good night?" Oliver smirks.

I don't respond and instead lean closer to him.

"What do you think prince charming?" I whisper.

Oliver gives me a small smile before placing his lips gently on mine. He has his hand at the base of my neck and is pulling me in closer. I place my hand on his lower back and close my eyes.

"Oliver," I whisper.

"Yes, princess?" He says as he sets his hand on my cheek.

"I want you to know that no matter what happens after high school, I'll still going to love you...even if we don't grow old together I'll still sit out on my front porch in my granny rocking chair and think of you...every day for the rest of my life..." I brush a piece of hair from his eyes and can see a smile spreading across his face.

"Beckinsile, that's the sweetest thing anyone has ever told me but let's not think about the future...let's just enjoy being here, right now..." Oliver leans over and kisses my forehead.

"Okay," I whisper while closing my eyes.

I try to capture everything about right now in my memory because the minute we leave this parking lot, it won't be like this anymore. This moment that we have right now will be gone and I don't want that. I turn towards Oliver and place my hand gently on top of his.

"I love you and I can never say that enough..." He tucks a piece of hair behind my ear and places a kiss on my temple.

"I love you too," I smile as Oliver backs out of the parking lot.

"Good," He puts the car in drive and pulls onto a back road.

~~~~~

I drift off a little as Oliver continues to drive down the back road. I don't mind driving around because I'm with him and everything is peaceful. We've been driving around for fifteen minutes but I don't care because every moment I have with Oliver is precious. I feel Oliver rub my shoulder and I wake up from my little nap.

"You okay, babe?" He smiles and turns on the radio.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I mumble with a sleepy smile.

"Good," Oliver fidgets with the volume until it's just loud enough for us to hear the song.

"So, what do you think our future holds?" I ask in a serious tone.

"I think the future is uncertain so I'm going to take it one step at a time." Oliver shifts a little so he can switch into the left lane.

As he's about to pull into the left lane, a car going at least a hundred miles an hour come barreling down the road from the left. I see a glimpse of the driver and he looks completely out of it. He's got two hands on the wheel and makes a jerking movement causing his car to swerve right into my side of Oliver's car.

There's a jolt sent throughout my body, my heart speeds up to an unnatural pace and I'm thrown forward into the windshield. Blood is dripping into my eyes and I'm drifting out of consciousness.

I hear a window break on Oliver's side and I try to move my head to see what's going on but it hurts so bad that I can't lift it. My eyes droop closed and suddenly I feel a second jolt. This one is stronger than before causing my head to hit the roof of Oliver's car. Next thing I know I'm hitting my head hard on his dashboard again.