A Model Worthy of The Soccer Captain

Chapter 25 Part B:

Beckinsile's Point of View

"Babe, we're going to talk about this." Kyle's voice is low and raspy.

"Quit calling me that," I say in a small voice as he approaches me.

"You never heard my side of the story." Kyle reaches for my hand and I jerk away.

"I don't need to; I've got pictures that your friend took and texted me while you were too drunk to notice." My tears spill over and I make no move to dry them.

Kyle runs his thumb over my cheeks and I bring my hand up to slap him away.

"I never should've done that, Babe...It was the dumbest mistake of my life."

"Yeah, that explains why you stayed with her and threw me out like trash on the sidewalk."

"I knew you'd never want me back after what I'd done..."

"You're right about that," I cross my arms and glare at him.

"Beckinsile, I've thought about it every day since it happened..."

"You mean when you're sober? Obviously, you haven't been thinking about it that much since you're rarely sober."

"I can never apologize enough for what I've done to you; I know I'll never be the man you need and I'm truly sorry for that..." Kyle looks at me with his brown eyes and I can feel myself break a little.

"You told me that I'd be your only one; you said that you'd never give me up, not for anyone. I was so stupid for even believing for a second that a popular guy like you could ever love an invisible loser like me. I guess I was too love blind to ever realize that. You never loved me; you just loved that you could push me around because I was lucky that someone as popular as you noticed me. You dumped me the minute someone better came along and there's nothing you can do to fix that." My cheeks are drenched in angry tears and I want to punch myself for giving him the satisfaction of seeing me like this.

"I loved you with all my heart, Beckinsile." Kyle takes a step towards me.

"You have a funny way of showing it," I bite my lip as I think back on my romance with Kyle.

We'd met at one of the soccer games that my parents used to make me go to. He complimented me and then asked if he could take me out to the movies. I said yes and things were uphill from there. We spent a lot of time together and even met each other's' parents which was a nerve-wracking experience. Our parents were convinced that we would eventually get married but I never saw things that way. We'd only been together about a year when the cheating scandal occurred.

I was out with Fiona and Ed when I got a text from Kyle's best friend Patrick. Kyle had told me earlier that he was going to his friend's birthday party and that's why he couldn't hang out with me. I trusted him and went out with my friends anyways.

I got skeptical when Patrick sent me a text that night because he rarely texted me and when he did it was usually asking for money or a favor. I went ahead and opened the text anyways, only to find the very thing that I'd feared most; Kyle was cheating on me.

The girl in the pictures had long hair and tanned legs but that's all I could see. She was wearing a short skirt and a skimpy crop top. She and Kyle were kissing and in one of the pictures he had his shirt off, his soccer physique on display.

That picture broke my heart in half. I couldn't leave the house for almost a week and when I finally did, I ran into Kyle of all people. He looked serene as if he hadn't a care in the world; I snapped and was an inch from slapping the smirk of his face for putting me through all the hell that he did.