I'm Not Mean I'm Building Character

Chapter 33:

Beckinsile's Point of View

"I love you, Oliver Marshall..."

"I'm glad because I love you too, Beckinsile Williams." Oliver murmurs and smiles as he lets me go.

He slips into his car and I run up to my front door. I groan because I see Gabe, Grandpa and my dad standing in the doorway.

"You people have no sense of decency!" I shout and push past them.

"C'mon, Becks; don't be mad..." Gabe tries to catch up but I walk faster.

"A stupid smirk and an annoying phrase won't get you guys out of this one..." I glare at him and walk into the living room where my mom and Gran are seated, reading and knitting. "Those idiots were spying on me and Oliver, Mom..." I huff and take a seat on the couch.

"Are you referring to your brothers, father and grandfather?" My mom glances up from her book and gives me a knowing look.

"I don't get any privacy around here," I cross my arms and give Gabe a death glare.

Grandpa, dad and Nate come in behind him.

"If it makes you feel any better that was a very passionate performance you had back there with Oliver." Gabe and the other boys applaud.

"Boys, how many times to I have to tell you to stop spying? It's wrong and George, spying on your own daughter? I'm disappointed..." My mother scolds.

"This is exactly what I'd expect out of my husband but that doesn't make it any less wrong...Give the poor girl and her boyfriend some privacy; she already has to spend most of her time around you fools..." My Grandmother grins and pats my thigh.

"Thank you; finally someone understands..." I wrap my arms around my grandmother and smirk at Gabe, who just rolls his eyes. "What should their punishment be?"

"Beckinsile, it's Christmas time; shouldn't you be in a forgiving spirit?" My mother has an amused look on her face.

"Let me think about that..." I make a fake thinking face and then respond. "Nope, I used up all my forgiveness the last time Gabe and Nate spied on me."

"Very well..." Gran sighs and then grins. "We should make them dress up like elves and go around the neighborhood singing Christmas carols."

"I love it..." I say with lots of enthusiasm and throw my arms around Gran.

"I had a feeling you would." She grins at the matching horrified looks on all the boys' faces. "Oh, you all know you deserve this..."

"I think I have some elf costumes down in the basement." My mom smirks and goes to get them.

~~~~~

"I was going to use these for our Christmas card but they work just as well for punishing naughty people..." My mom says as Gabe, Nate and Dad stand in the living room after being forced into the elf costumes.

"Well, I guess I'm off the hook since you don't have another costume..." Grandpa says and tries to leave the room.

"Nonsense, you're the conductor, Ernest." Gran wraps a green and red scarf around his neck and puts an elf hat on his head. "Picture time..."

"No," They all shout at the same time.

"Oh yes; this is the other part of your punishment...This is the best punishment; one that never ends..." I smirk because I've twisted my brother's words against them.

"Very funny; I'm guessing you're keeping those pics for blackmail?" Gabe sighs.

"Yeah," I grin and pull out my phone.