Flowers

The incident happened a few months ago. The doctors should have let Rose out by now but she wasn't acting right which made things worse. I visited Rey every single day. I tried to ask her what I had done but she started screaming and crying. A new nurse every day would rush me out of the room. She told me to go with promises of calling me with any updates on Rose's health. This repeated. Every single day.

As I was driving back to the university one day I decided to stop off at a store to pick up a card and flowers for Rose. She may hate me right now but that doesn't mean I can't be nice to her.

As I was walking down the card section I saw Ben talking on his phone while looking at some talking cards. It sounded like he was arguing. When he saw me he quickly hung up.

"Ummm, hi?"

"Hi," Ben said looking a bit scared and angry at the same time.

"Are you okay? I didn't mean to bother you. You just seemed a bit upset. I'm buying a card for Rose and I saw you in the aisle and I wanted to say hi," I said kinda nervous.

Ben just laughed. Over the past few months, we have become great friends. We became inseparable. Every day we ate our meals together, walked to classes together  (We had a crazy similar schedule) and we did this so often people would think we were a couple. We always blushed at that.

"It's really nice of you to think about me, Ben said smiling. You know that Christmas is in a few weeks."

I had completely forgotten. I have been so busy with Rose and school that I forgot.

"Yeah, what are you doing? I might stay here and watch after Rose," I said casually.

"Well that's great and all but don't you think that you would rather have fun? You can come over to my place for Christmas if you want," Ben said shyly.

"Sure, it sounds like fun! Would your parents allow it?"

"They love guests, like seriously," Ben said smiling now. "My family really wants to meet you, I told them all about you."