Pick Your Trash Up | YoonMin

"Watch your step, Shorty!"

Jimin didn't even react to the insult the guy, who bumped into him on purpose, now threw at him. It was clear that he wanted to intimidate Jimin or even start something since he believed it being an easy win looking at Jimin's figure.

Jimin was short. Yes. He knew it very well himself. He always had wished to be a bit taller but ultimately had to accept that the human body wouldn't start growing just from wishful thinking... or drinking milk!

On the other hand it was his short figure that led him to be confident in his ability to be able to win over this jerk in front of him.

Jimin grew up in a rather rough environment and ever since grade school he was the target of bullying because he was weak and small. In the beginning Jimin contemplated a lot about his fate, why it had to be him and why he couldn't be big and strong to beat them all up.

One day he landed a punch - with a lot of luck - on one of his predators face and sent him to the ground. In this very moment he noticed that he hadn't had to be the victim. He took some basic lessons in self defence where he learned how to use his stature to his advantage and then started to work out.

These days his body was well toned and his reflexes and fighting skills trained. Jimin hadn't lost a fight for nearly five years now but the fact that everyone underestimated him and just saw his baby face and the height difference, was only to Jimin's advantage.

That's why Jimin was confident in winning over some stupid rowdies. He was confident but it didn't mean that he wanted to fight.

After all it was his first day at the new school and he hoped to go low-key this time. Not that this school was any different from his old one like the meeting with the jerk right now proofed but he always got into trouble in his previous school since the thugs wanted to see if the rumours were true about his fighting skills and the teachers treated him the same as those thugs because he'd beaten them up.

Jimin was actually a good student, doing his studies diligently. He hoped to get accepted into a good college to get out of this city. And teachers who accused him of cheating when he got good marks weren't helping in reaching his goal.

Therefore Jimin ignored it and just bent down to pick up his admission letter he had dropped earlier, in hope he would find some detail where exactly he had to register himself that he didn't see the last three times he read the letter.

The paper got torn in two parts because the jerk stepped on it the moment Jimin picked it up.

[I]'Keep calm! It was only a paper. Just leave it.'

Jimin didn't dare to look up in fear his gaze would give away his barely hold back temper. If the guy caught on to it they surely would end up in a fight.

Fortunately, the jerk seemed satisfied with his intimidating skills and left him alone, laughing.

Jimin stayed there for a few seconds, concentrating on the lockers to his side to calm down when suddenly a hand hit his belly.

Reaching up to defend himself he noticed that it wasn't really a hit but someone who pressed a sheet of paper against him. It looked like the second part of his letter.

"Pick your trash up, will you?! There's already enough carbage walking around this campus, you don't need to add more to it."

The guy before him was short - well just as tall as Jimin - and good looking. His body wasn't bulging with muscles but if you looked closer it was well trained. He had strong hands, blue hair, white skin and a really handsome face that was decorated with a stern look. His whole posture screamed 'mind your own business, I don't care'. But when Jimin looked up into his eyes he was drawn to them.

In his whole life he had never met someone with such warm eyes. Not only was the colour of a warm brown with beautiful golden sprinkles but even more so the expression in them. Jimin couldn't explain what it was but it drew the need to protect this total stranger in front of him.

Only after the hand on his stomach pressed harder against it, Jimin noticed that he still hadn't taken the torn letter nor replied to the guy in front of him. He reached up to grab the paper - and the other's hand while at it.

The boy didn't flinch at the touch; he just looked into Jimin's eyes before pulling away his hand slowly.

He then turned around to go his way but Jimin stopped him by grabbing his wrist.

"Thank you...eh?

Jimin said, trying to get him to tell his name, once he faced him again.

After a pause where nobody said anything, Jimin tried again:

"Thank you for picking it up! The letter I mean."

"Sure..."

He wanted to turn again but Jimin was still holding on to his wrist.

"What's your name?"

"Why would you want to know?"

Jimin smiled, causing his eyes to almost disappear.

"'Cause I like you!"

"You don't know me." The other frowned.

"Exactly! And you don't know me, too." Jimin shrugged his shoulders, still smiling.

"...figures. What are you getting at, kid?" The assumingly elder one looked pretty confused even though he must have tried really hard to maintain his bored expression.

"You don't know me; nevertheless you still helped me picking up my things. That's really nice of you. So I like you."

"I didn't help you. I just picked up some waste."

"Picking up waste from total strangers in a public space where there are cleaners is even nicer! If everyone was like you the earth wouldn't suffer from climate warming. You're a knight in shining armour, just accept it. You belong to the good people."

"You're crazy!"

The other said, rolling those beautiful warm eyes and turning around.

Jimin giggled since he very well had caught a glimpse of the twitch in the elder's lips, probably trying his best not to smile.

"Just get to the first floor already to register yourself or even better to hand in your drop out letter."

"Thanks for telling me where to find the registry, Mr. Knight!" Jimin shouted after the leaving boy, drawing the attention of some fellow students loutering around on him. It didn't matter, Jimin was happy. The guy surely told him on purpose where he could find the office after he saw Jimin's admission letter.

**

Once Jimin reached the first floor it was easy to find the registry.

He filled out the necessary paperwork and handed them to the lady at the registry. When he received his schedule he already wanted to head to his first class when he got an idea.

"Excuse me, on my way here I bumped into a guy with blue hair and fair skin, around my size and probably a grade above mine... He dropped his phone and I wanted to give it back to him but it seems like it ran out off battery. Do you maybe know his name and class, so I can return it?"

"Fair skin, you say? There are a lot guys with colored hair here but most of them are tanned. And if he's around your size it can only be Min Yoongi form 3A. Teachers are always complaining that he's only sleeping in class but still manages to be on top. He probably won't even notice that his phone's missing until the end of classes. But if you could return it that would be great."

"Min Yoongi, 3A!"

Jimin grinned happily.

"Got it. I'll visit him asap then!"