Late | YoonSeok/Sope

Yoongi rushed along the street swivelling through the crowed as fast as possible since he was late. And not just late but seriously late! And to top it off he even forgot his phone at home. Just how could this have happened?!

He had agreed with Hoseok to meet at 1pm. It was their first date since 4 months because their schedules mismatched all the time and when they actually had time Yoongi preferred to stay home and laze around with his boyfriend.

Hoseok was more the type that liked activity so Yoongi wanted to please him by going out on a date. He suggested them going to the little street festival that was held in town today. And since he suggested it he should have made sure to be goddamn on time.

He actually had planned it pretty good, was even way too early and therefore decided to make a quick visit to his studio to work a bit on a song he was writing.

Yoongi was stuck on a certain part of the chorus since a week and therefore he didn't reckon to be able to do something today either. He thought he would just pass some time before going on the date with Hoseok. How should he have known that thinking about what he would do later on the festival together with his happy boyfriend would inspire him that much?!

The melody just kept flowing to him, the song playing in his head nonstop and Yoongi wanted to note it down fast before he'd forget.

And that's exactly how he ended up running on the crowded street at 3.13pm towards an even more crowded place in hope his boyfriend hadn't left already.
Or was he actually hoping Hoseok left? It would relieve his conscience a bit if he knew the younger didn't wait over 2 hours for him to arrive - the one who suggested the whole thing. And it would still take him at least ten more minutes to arrive... He was doomed.

Hoseok was sunshine, an angel but also he could lose his temper, especially when someone didn't hold their promises. Yoongi was prepared to get his butt kicked and was trying hard to figure out a way to ease the younger's anger while still speeding up.

A little later Yoongi finally reached the place they had agreed to meet and there he was! Eating cotton candy and smiling at the passersby, waving back at a little kid that waved with its own cotton candy.

The picture made Yoongi feel so many emotions at the same time. Joy seeing his boyfriend interact happily with the kid, guilt that he was still there waiting for Yoongi, the need to embrace him and apologize, happiness that he seemed to still enjoy himself. And love. Unbearable, overboarding love for this man in front of his eyes!

He was so thankful for the existence of such a human being and the fact that he was allowed to know him, to be near him and to love him. And the fact that he was even loved back by him still shocked Yoongi sometimes.

He'd lay awake late at night sometimes, with the sleeping Hoseok in his arms, thinking that he didn't deserve all this and that it wouldn't, couldn't last forever. That he wasn't meant to feel such bliss for the rest of his life.

He then would shake in fear, watching the others sleeping face to calm himself. And on a way Yoongi still didn't understand Hoseok always seemed to feel when he was anxious, even when he wasn't even awake. Every time Yoongi felt desperate at his own thoughts Hoseok would hug him tightly. The first time he'd done it Yoongi was convinced the other was awake; sleeping people couldn't bring up that much force. But Hoseok didn't react when he whispered his name, nor did he remember anything the next day - not that Yoongi asked anything concrete, just giving hints. But Hoseok just laughed and said he must have dreamed about Yoongi.

And now this very man that made Yoongi feel so much, sat in front of him, waiting for him for over two and a half hour, watching other people have fun and not even seeming upset.

At this very moment Yoongi swore to himself, that he would do anything in his might for the rest of his life to make Jung Hoseok happy.

Yoongi finally took a step closer to the other male, speeding up his feet with each step he took.

When he got into Hoseok's line of view the other's smile crumbled a moment just to turn into an even bigger one, waving at Yoongi who finally managed to close the distance.

"Hi, hyung! You're so la-" Hoseok started to greet Yoongi but wasn't able to finish his sentence since Yoongi interrupted him by pulling him into a kiss. It was tender but passionate at the same time. Yoongi tried to lay all his feelings in that kiss even though he knew he wasn't able to convey it all - there were just too many feels.

Hoseok was shocked first - of course! It didn't happen exactly every day they displayed their feelings in public like that. But he soon eased into the kiss and reassured Yoongi it was okay by cupping his face in his hand.

When they finally parted Hoseok laughed and Yoongi fell in love once again with the sound.

"You should be late more often, if you greet me like that, hyung!" Hoseok said, stroking his cheek lovingly before pulling playfully at a strand of hair.

The guilt stung Yoongi's heart heavily when he was reminded at his wrongdoings.

"Hoseokie-ah... I'm so sorry!" Yoongi apologized. "I went to the stud-"

"It's all right, hyung!" Hoseok interrupted him, winking at him grinning. "I know it all. I tried to call you when you didn't show up after half an hour. I didn't mind if you were just late but I was kinda worried since I didn't hear anything from you."

"I'm so sorry." Yoongi repeated.

"Like I said, no worries. But please remember to carry your phone on you, will you?!" Hoseok continued. "Thankfully Jinnie hyung answered your phone and told me you had taken off to the studio a long time ago. So I gave Namjoon a call if you were still there and he said he heard you writing on a song before. He offered to go and remind you of our meeting, but I didn't want to disturb you. It was probably the song you were stuck on the last week, right?"

Yoongi just nodded as an answer, his throat too full with this heavy lump building up, making him unable to speak. Hoseok mustered his face for a bit then nodded, too.

"Okay, then it's all right. I respect the work you do, Yoongi. And I love your dedication to it! As long as you always come back to me after you're done, I will never complain."

"You're too good to me, you should make me regret it, not comfort me!"

Hoseok laughed at that. "You appear to me as if you're regretting it already enough all on your own. It's not necessary I add to that especially if I don't really care that much. I mean, you came running here as soon as you noticed, right? That's all I need to know.
And anyway, it's not like I let you off the hook just like that." Hoseok continued, skipping a few steps away. "You're the one paying today!"

Yoongi sighed dramatically as if it was a great loss but smiled inside. It was the least he could do and he did it gladly for the one that made his heart feel this much. Yes, he would definitely do everything in his might to make his man happy!