First Date | TaeKook

„Damn it, why am I even doing this?!” Jungkook asks himself frustrated, throwing the shirt in his hand to the pile of abandoned clothes he created the last thirty minutes in the futile attempt to find something suitable.

Taehyung asked him out on a date!

They’ve been friends for some time now. Originally they met through mutual friends but soon became best friends themselves.

That’s until Jungkook noticed the change in his feelings. It changed slowly, like thinking he looked good in this angle or his smile was cute and grew steadily into something more serious like fantasising about him and getting jealous over others.

When Jungkook realised what happened he panicked a bit. He tried to avoid Taehyung for some time, to clear his mind. But that just led him to thinking about the other even more, missing him the whole time he wasn’t near and feeling guilty seeing Taehyung’s sad expression when the elder spotted him running away. But he didn’t have what it took to face Taehyung.

One day Jimin finally decided to betray him; Jungkook was still thankful for that. He tricked Jungkook, told him to meet him but of course never showed up. Instead Taehyung was there, making him spill the beans on why he avoided him. Jungkook told him honestly – not everything though, he didn’t had to know about some dreams he had.

And to Jungkook’s surprise Taehyung took it all in. He accepted Jungkook nevertheless, hugged him tightly and didn’t let go for a long time, saying he didn’t want to lose the younger over this and that he still wanted to be friends if Jungkook was okay with that.

And of course Jungkook was; he had missed Taehyung too much. When he voiced his doubts about him being able to contain his feelings all the time, that sometimes it may show and that he didn’t want Taehyung to feel bad over it but probably couldn’t avoid it, Taehyung assured him that he preferred Jungkook showing his true feelings! He told him he should always show and tell him what’s on his mind, that he needed to tell him when he felt hurt and that they would find a way to get this going as long as they were honest.

That day was one of the happiest and saddest at the same time. On one side Taehyung wanted him to stay at his side at all costs and they would be friends what ever happened. On the other side they would be friends what ever happened. Jungkook felt heartbroken after his hopes for a relationship got crushed but it’s not like he had that big of hopes. He was grateful they still could hang out together despite his feelings for his friend.

To everyone’s and foremost Jungkook’s surprise it actually worked between them. They did get along just like before as if nothing had happened. Until two days ago when Taehyung suddenly asked him out on a date!

Jungkook still doesn’t know what got Taehyung to do this. He probably did it in the spur of the moment. But still... Taehyung often appears impulsive and therefore it would suit him but Jungkook knows that Taehyung cares too much about him to play thoughtlessly with his feelings.

The last two day Jungkook tried to figure out what it was Taehyung planned but he gave up earlier this morning. He was too nervous to focus his thoughts and he will probably find it out later at the date anyway.

That is when he will actually be able to choose an outfit for today. He wants to look good but not too obvious. He doesn’t want to scare Taehyung by appearing as if he looked forward to this date really hard and could only think about it. Doesn’t matter that it’s true. Taehyung shouldn’t feel pressured.

Jungkook knows that the odds are not on his side. It’s more likely that Taehyung will realise it was a mistake and Jungkook plans on being a good friend, accepting it wholeheartedly and being grateful he even got one chance to see what a date would be like.