BONUS: risk

this chapter is written in Corbyn's POV

There was only one girl I've ever felt interest towards during my entire high school career and that was the new transfer student from Long Island, Christina Harris. Obviously I've developed crushes towards other people in school, but she seems to stand out. How she kept to herself, but was very outgoing when around people she was close to. How motivated she was to finish the school year, and still had time to have fun.

A lot about her intrigued me and I guess a crush had developed during the time.

Because Daniel had been spending a lot of time with Brennan, I wasn't able to talk about these newfound feelings with anyone, and because of that, there wasn't much progress made in my plan to get to know her.

I knew a few basic facts about her; she moved from Long Island, New York, and is currently taking an after school class for cosmotology. There's not much for me to spark up a conversation with her nor do I have any chances of talking to her since—like I had mentioned—she keeps to herself, especially in classes.

I only share two classes with her, and even those are both Chemistry and Economy, which are both the most busy the students are in the week since both teachers enjoy giving the students random pop quizzes, tons of homework and zero time to communicate with one another.

Again, no progress.

That was until Daniel and I found time to catch up. Conversation prior flowed nicely as we played the new video game I got, until I had finally mentioned it as we were cooling down in the game. His advice to start of as friends was easy said than done because one; I wasn't exactly friends with any of her mutuals, and two; I might be more socially capable than he is, but I still get nervous as hell when faced with situations involving crushes.

It took a good few weeks from that day until I decided to just risk it. Every morning when I'm headed to my homeroom class, I always pass the bulletin board and usually sheets for signing up for things are pinned on said board, until one day, something caught my eye. COSMOTOLOGY MODEL NEEDED. No, Corbyn, you can't be that desperate. Unfortunately, I was—sort of. Each time I caught a glance at Christina, she was smiling with her friends and I really like her smile.

Part of me wants to be the reason behind it.

Deciding, fuck it, I wrote my name down on the sheet and prayed to whatever entity was out there to grant me the chance to be able to talk to her. I wrote down my name, phone number and email address like it asked before leaving it, and having it be forgotten for the rest of the day.

It was a few days after I had signed up—it completely slipping my mind—that I had received a text message from an unknown number. I was calmly making a cup of tea, in the process of pouring my cup with hot water.

Unknown: hey, are you Corbyn Besson? You signed up to be a model for cosmotology.

Corbyn: yes, this is him

Unknown: this is Christina Harris, I was assigned to you and would like for you to come to the cosmotology lab on Tuesday @ 15:30

You could say I overfilled the cup, causing the hot water to overflow and spill everywhere.

Thank you for giving me this chance, I grinned, looking up with closing my eyes, before kissing my fist and lifting it up. My excitement couldn't hold until Tuesday, and again, I wasn't able to talk about it to anyone, only because I was afraid I'd jinx it and had actually been assigned to someone else. I needed to keep my plans secret until it actually happened.