Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Moving in My Home:

I had a garage sale got rid of a lot of stuff gave my children memories about themselves and donated what I was not able to sell. I am downsizing I don't need a lot of things since it's just me now oh how I miss my husband rest his soul. I never thought I would be moving. The property was not on the market long and since it was maintained I got my asking price. I am moving now I found me a nice little condo in a gated community I want to fill safe when I lay my head down at night since it's just me. I don't have much to move I got rid of everything the bed that me and my husband slept in and made our children in. The table we ate at and had our family events at. Like Thanksgiving dinners and Christmas dinners oh what memories and fun. The table where Silver lost a tooth while she was eating some Halloween candy after I had told her not to touch the candy. The living room furniture where we had movie nights and pizza. The couch where we made Otto that was a night one can do repeatedly oh what fun that was my entire body tingled man did it tingle we choose this couch together. So many memories this stuff will just make me cry I have cried enough it's time to move forward. I haven't spoken to my children in a couple of weeks because now I must buy a phone I am used to a land line now I must get a cell phone well I still might get a land line with an answering machine because I don't plan to stay in the house 24/7. I do fill lonely at night when I go to be I use to cuddle up against him and we would slowly kiss on each other and slowly make passionate love and then fall to sleep in each other's arms.

My New Home

Ok I am in my new home and I love it. To get in you have walk up three stairs and there is the front door and there is a hall for you to hang up stuff. Then there is a glass door to enter the front room in the living room there is a fireplace and a closet, it is very spacious. I bought one large couch red and a reclining chair red a pretty square shape table for the center of the floor and two matching end tables that's all I need in there I have never liked clutter I want to see what is in my home and the room is painted white and the trimmings are a red wood type color. When leaving the living room, you walk down the hall and there is another closet and then there is my bedroom I like the sized of it. There is a full-length mirror when you walk in and a marble sink for two in front of large wall mirror. The bath tub is off to the right by itself and the toilet is in a distance from the tub but in the same room. The bathroom is painted yellow and green nice bright colors I like that. I am glad that I could have in-put about the colors for the rooms. When leaving the bathroom there is my room. This room was made for me just the right size there is a walk-in closet when you go in there are shelves and on both sides of the shelves is where I can hang my cloths. I have a half bathroom in my bedroom which is great. I bought me a king size bed room set and a flat screen tv for my bedroom and a small table set to sit and eat and in the far corner I have a small desk with my computer and stuff on it. I like my bedroom it was made just for me the color is cream blue nice with two nice size windows. When leaving the bedroom, you go to the left and there is the kitchen the socializing room I call it. There is a table made on to the counter a beautifully oak cherry wood so I bought two high back oak wood chairs to go there. Now off pass the kitchen there is the dining room I have a huge table there big enough to seat ten people and wooden tall clock in one corner and a china cabin with some of my mother's china and nick nacks in. A nicely clean room to sit down in and have a huge family dinner. Now off pass the dining room there is small bedroom for guess just a queen size bed and a dresser with a small closet. I have central air it is so hot outside I wanted to put some hot dogs on the grill I don't know I might if it cools down outside. The sun cooled down and I went out in the back and put some hot dogs on the grill and I made me a salad. I guess the grills and stuff is for anyone that live out here to use. I haven't met any of my neighbors yet in due time I guess. As I was about to sit down to eat there was a knock at the door. A tall woman I think she was white and look to be about my age. She said her name was Sally Maze and she live next door to me and she apologize about not coming over sooner to welcome me to the neighborhood she is part of the welcoming committee. And she only came by because she noticed me out in the back cooking. She told me there were eight more homes that lived on this side of the community and there were nine more condo/s on the other side and a very big community room for us to use with a small fee which we will get back after cleaning up. She gave me a list of things to go over like trash day and if I had a pet what to do like pick up the shit when I walk them and that was a park for them a dog park and then she gave me keys to the work out room, she said we can use the community for family events if we want but there must be a down payment. And the community room is for meetings and other things. She stayed for about an hour which was fine with me nothing to say about her I hope she is not a pest or something like that. I am glad I had the house in order nothing for her to gossip about. The house is clean nothing to do so now it is time to go out and look for a job. I want to work part-time I have a pretty nice nest egg from the sale of the house and the life insurance policy from my husband's death and his retirement pensions so I am not worried about money. 

I love the way I fixed the house up but something is missing ok I know a pet I think I will get me a dog a poodle. So I went online and found a person that has a couple of poodles that were two months old and got their shots. I made an appointment to take a look at them and as soon as I walked in I saw the two I wanted. One was so black with white ears and a white nose and the other one a girl was white with a black nose and black ears I bought both of them because I didn't want just one dog because one dog can be lonely when I am gone. I named the girl Shannon and the boy Bambam.  I have just the room for them it is in the back by the kitchen big enough for two small dogs. I love all of the changes I am making I am happy now. 

It's still hot outside I guess I go in and take me a nice hot bath and watch me some tv and talk on the phone I did get a landline and a cell phone for my home landlines don't drop calls on you, unlike cell phones. I will call my children and fill them in on what I have been doing these past six months. I can hear them now wanting to know everything about what I have been doing and what I did and who do I know and what am I doing now. So, I better make sure my phone is fully charged. I think I will cook a big dinner and invite them to see my new home. There is nothing to do so the house is ready. I wish Zoe and her family was in the states that would be great. Hopefully, they will be here for Thanksgiving. In fact, I haven't talked to Zoe in almost five months let me call her first.